mark Sleight of hand guitar lesson review upload

skaladar

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:55 am

Ah hah, so this is what you do when you’re not singing and writing songs, eh? … fool around with multipart level 9 instrumentals? … heh j/k of course.

I think that that was pretty spectacular Mark. I am so used to seeing this played in sections I had forgotten what it sounds like in its entirety.
I was happy to see that you erm, assembled all the parts and put it together … gawd that’s a lot to remember.
It sounded great and your playing was very tight. I’m sure Neil is going to be proud.

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am

ja ja Mark,,,what can i say,i never taked a look at this drips only heard the piece by Neil and i think that you are on a great way the nail it(do you keep your other pieces warm??) i can only say when you know the transiitions out memorie or a sort of sight reading and it sit in your fingers you can concentrate on all the other musical stuff so i think it must age with you and it will 'cos this is the playing you like much..thanks

cheers

mark

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 am

Ken - Thanks for your comments. I think the drip feed method is a really good way of memorising the songs. Because there are only about 4 bars of music in each drip feed its quite easy to remember it. By the time the next drip feed comes out the previous bits are already memorised.
The drip feeds have actually changed the way I try and learn songs now. I try and learn them much slower. Getting to the stage where I can play one bit at a slow pace from memory before moving on.
Previously I would try and learn too much in one go and just get in a mess.

Willem - I try and keep other peices warm but of course some of them get forgotten

thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:07 pm

This is one of the tunes that persuaded me to join TG, you've done an incredible job, I'm nowhere near this stage.

Well done very impressive

I might need to take a leaf out of your book and play it a lot slower

tvarga

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Mark, that was amazing. I had started working on the first two drips of that lesson and then got distracted with vacation and other things. I loved that you played it slower, but perfectly. I really have to learn from your example. I tend to try to play things at speed and end up with tons of mistakes and badly played notes. Anyway, I am thoroughly impressed with your playing. Keep up that great work!
-Tom

RicksPick

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 pm

WOW this sounded so complete
Very nice to listen to you play this again
Congratz on getting it recorded lol

RicksPick

Yamaha48

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello Mark.

Verry good work,and a good point to slow it down.
Yeh 3 moands work on this,but now you can do it.
Im lookin forward the speed up.
I think that Neil is proud on you.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers...............Anton

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Only mistake I saw was that it ended at 3:25.. I wanted it to keep going!

Excellent work, Mark. And good call zooming in on the guitar. It was nice to see things close-up in this one.

sbutler

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Finger twister is an understatement Mark. Although, that is exactly the words I"ve used to discribe this song.

EXCELLENT JOB. VERY WELL DONE. As you know, and with your help, I've been working on this since Neil started dripping it too us, and I'm proud of you. You have nailed it as cleanly as I'd hope to have by now. You have obviously made yourself hang on to each note, to let them ring to get the most out of them, and the timing that it takes to do that, is apparent to anyone who has tried to pull this one off.

I've been stomping around in the Brooks Range of Northern Alaska for the last week, and this is the first video I watched when I came home and started the computer. I'm very impressed Mark.

Again, thanks for the help you gave me with the GP versions. You've no doubt put in a lot of practice on this one.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic