The Beatles Here Comes the Sun by dtaylor

dtaylor

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:07 am

mark wrote:
Hi Dean
Really well played. Your playing is really very clean.

I think there may be a slight problem with timing at the end of one of those runs ( at about 30 seconds). Sounds like there is a bit of a hesitation or maybe a missing note.
Not really sure but worth checking it
You're right Mark, I guess I just got used to playing it with a pause there for some reason.

abiliog

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:14 am

Dean,
Great work, one of your best videos so far if not the best one.
Thanks,
Abilio

tgjameela

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:30 am

Very nice Dean.

I see Mark already mentioned the run at 0.30, and I was wondering, why do you capo it at the 3th fret?

And wich tab have you used?

Just curious! :)

Ness

willem

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:38 am

dtaylor wrote:
mark wrote:
Hi Dean

I think there may be a slight problem with timing at the end of one of those runs ( at about 30 seconds). Sounds like there is a bit of a hesitation or maybe a missing note.
You're right Mark, I guess I just got used to playing it with a pause there for some reason.

I think you can manege that quick pull/off Dean,, i liked it the whole way through.

dtaylor

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:09 am

Abilio, thanks very much, it's nice of you to say.
Ness, I like the sound of it there, I'd capo it higher but my guitar had a dead spot from about 4th to 6th on the D string especially, so all in all i prefer the sounds at the 3rd. The tab is from Neil's instrumental lesson.
I'll save a version at the 7th fret for Neil's 'focussed strumming' lesson next.
Willem, I'm sure George Harrison wouldn't appreciate me changing his song, but I actually like playing it with the pause in there!

Dean

skaladar

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 am

Ah what a fun song! To play, to hear and to sing-a-long to. I think you did a great job Dean.
Your guitar is sounding very good and your playing is solid. Good tune to have under the belt.

Thanks for sharing!

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:14 am

willem wrote:
dtaylor wrote:
mark wrote:
Hi Dean

I think you can manege that quick pull/off Dean,, i liked it the whole way through.

Nothing wrong with that i geuss and it give a bit time to refresh and play it a second time around....

Craig

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Dean,
You've put up a lot of really great tunes lately. Congratulations on some very good playing. All of your time and hard work is really paying off. Very well done!
Craig

dtaylor

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Cheers Craig, I have put a lot of time in. I've come to appreciate the choice of songs which go into Target, the progress you can make by learning songs you might not necessarily have set out wanting to learn is where it comes ino its own. I know it's expanded my musical universe and I'm grateful for that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic