Exstreme more then words by willem,,,well more trying to get that rhythm

buddy

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Willem, Good progress my friend. Keep playing along and it will all click for you.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Totally agree with you Scott, great song and much fun to play!

Did I vote for it? :dry: Well I definitely should do that! ;)

sbutler wrote:
Willem, great to see you tackle something so tough. Good job. As others before have said, check out the lesson. In fact, go to the conclusion first and hear Neils final thoughts on the percussiveness and timing. He has some great practice tips in the last segment.

Again, good job. I love this song and another on that same album, that I've submitted as a requested lesson is "Whole Hearted" . Its a real toe tapper and in keeping with the Skill that Nuno plays with. If you get a chance, check out

You'll see what I mean. If you like it, vote for it. I have sit down a hundred times and tried to get it on my own, but just can't do it like Neil provides in his lesson.s

Scott

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Yep, you do better Willem, just keep playing along! :)

willem wrote:
Thx all,, maybe i do it already a bit better ? after a day and tryed to play along with Neil and Gpro tab,,,

willem

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Thx Buddy,,

Vanessa i had expect a one eye smily..... ;) B)

jayswett

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:00 am

You have inspired me to get back to this song. I tried it when it first came out and found it diffiuclt, so I moved on (with plans to return). It is now time to return to that song. I think you have it sounding reasonably good at this point, the timing issues aside. Several new techniques with this song.

willem

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:20 pm

jayswett wrote:
You have inspired me to get back to this song. I tried it when it first came out and found it diffiuclt, so I moved on (with plans to return). It is now time to return to that song. I think you have it sounding reasonably good at this point, the timing issues aside. Several new techniques with this song.

Thanks Jay,,playing it now good in time will be my next step and playing it till the chorus,,wish you fun on this tune..

dennisg

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:50 pm

It's coming along very nicely, Willem. Keep at it.

willem

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:39 pm

dennisg wrote:
It's coming along very nicely, Willem. Keep at it.

Thanks Dennis,, i will stay on it,,i think the very light tap(with the fingertips) on the guitarbody!! is very important to keep it really in time.. you have to watch Neil very careful.. so we have the tap on the strings and a very light tap on the guitarbody,,it is really all mathematics i think(hand movements,hit some strings or not and we get music..lol) and then try to open your body and feel it.. B)

dsmarion

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Well Willem, I have to say that I wanted to come back to this song for ages now. I mean I can play it, but just never finished it completely, so you definitely inspired me to check out the lesson and refine some stuff.

So these days it's: More than words! ;) And it's much fun, gosh I was 18/19 years old at the time, always loved that song!

Buttuh....what do you mean by 'it's a tap on the strings and a light tap on the body?' You mean at the same time? Because then I get what you mean! :P

willem

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:43 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Well Willem, I have to say that I wanted to come back to this song for ages now. I mean can play it, but just never finished it completely, so you definitely inspired me to check out the lesson and refine some stuff.

So these days it's: More than words! ;) And it's much fun, gosh I was 18/19 years old at the time, always loved that song!

Buttuh....what do you mean by 'it's a tap on the strings and a light tap on the body?' You mean at the same time? Because then I get what you mean! :P
?

GEE,,you ask me Vanessa, B) , i am glad i inspired you !! No I don't mean with the taps to do that on the same time,,i try to clear up, can do this in Dutch for a easy way but i don't.

When Neil ever told never stop your strumming hand that was for me a very break through and try that alway's(this works like a metronome is'nt it ? ) now i try that to do in ''More thAn words'' and it has more to do with were the note in the measer must sound a quarter,,lets look at the first measer,, bas-brush-tap-pluck(this pluck is a quarter note) then after the pluck i saw Neil gives a light tap on the guitarbody and that two movements makes it a quarter) i think he does the same on the count 4 and ! (were it is syncopated to the next measer)..hope it make since,,let me know 'cos i love you are on this song and looking very forward to a video from you... i wil edit this post with the video time were he is doing that(the slow vid and the conclusing vid) :P :laugh: B)

Edit: in the slow it down vid you see it on 33 sec(well almost,,but there was a sort of movement to be in time and on 33 sec there it is very clear..in the conclusing vid you see it on 17 sec

of course i know when you count while playing or use metronome you proberly be in time( 1 and two and 3 and 4 and) but it is the same has adding the singin it is to much thinkin and doing so i search the time also in the movements of the strumming/brushing/tapping/faking hand :lol: B)

BTW, I get also your '' because then I get what you mean'' when you do the tap on the strings sometimes your pinky hits the wood(guitarbody) too by accident, that aint bad but sounding like a snare drum is nicer..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic