Exstreme more then words by willem,,,well more trying to get that rhythm

willem

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:56 am

Hi, it is not the whole song but more trying to get the feel of that rhythm 4 mesaers over and over,,sometimes they say you get more out of it by not doing it right so here we go,,,its only 5 minutes.. oeps make it six.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 am

Hi Willem,

Thanks for sharing you practicing this song, fun song to play btw!

If you keep at it, please play along with Neil, there is really an important timingissue in there, better to correct it now then after you playing it a million times like this.

Indeed keep at it Willem, very nice effort!

cheers

Nessie

willem

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:32 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Willem,

Thanks for sharing you practicing this song, fun song to play btw!

If you keep at it, please play along with Neil, there is really an important timingissue in there, better to correct it now then after you playing it a million times like this.

Indeed keep at it Willem, very nice effort!

cheers

Nessie

Yes Nessie,,thats why i upload it to get some respons and i know it is better to correct it right a way then keep goin and make the fauld over and over,,i see Neil again today or the Gpro file,,very difficult song but i like the rhythm and of course i like the whole tune with the singin but first i have to dream the playing ..

PEACE
LOVE
MUSIC

dtaylor

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 am

Good work Willem, it's a good start, it seems like one of those lessons that something has to 'click' and everything becomes simple once you break through, I had the same thing with a song with similar techniques- Black Water, though I think More Than Words is a harder song to play.
Keep up the good work, I love your persistence.

Dean

MarkM

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 am

Willem,

Looks like you are well on your way with this one. Practice and repeat.................. I agree with Vanessa in that trry playing along with Neil when you get a chance as it will lock you in to the right cadence. Thanks for sharing and keepp at it. You're close.

MarkM

dsmarion

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Willem,
Great tune to be working on - very pretty song! You got a start on it!

Scott

8calm8

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Really nice Willem I liked it a lot, Really nice tone and finger picking and timing, i look forward to the next few measures. I gave this tune a crack a while back and didn`t get it anywhere near as good as that. I got frustrated with the timing and gave up but listening to those first few measures and that lovely tone makes me want to give it another try. thanks for sharing.

G

sbutler

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Willem, great to see you tackle something so tough. Good job. As others before have said, check out the lesson. In fact, go to the conclusion first and hear Neils final thoughts on the percussiveness and timing. He has some great practice tips in the last segment.

Again, good job. I love this song and another on that same album, that I've submitted as a requested lesson is "Whole Hearted" . Its a real toe tapper and in keeping with the Skill that Nuno plays with. If you get a chance, check out

You'll see what I mean. If you like it, vote for it. I have sit down a hundred times and tried to get it on my own, but just can't do it like Neil provides in his lesson.s

Scott

Yamaha48

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:11 am

Hi Willem.

Good to see you,and nice you work on this song.
Try to follow Neils lesson.
But i like to see you now here.
I know you can do it my friend.
But give it the time.
Now im going to my work,late shift.
One day and than!!!!! its the weekend!!!!.

cheers...............Anton

willem

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:06 am

Thx all,, maybe i do it already a bit better ? after a day and tryed to play along with Neil and Gpro tab,,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic