>> Todays Target members only Student Video review by Neil - Ivory Salamander - sbutler

Lavallee

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live today we look at Ivory Salamander by sbutler
Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Kendall

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=770

thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks

willem

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Scott,,great review,,i see this alway's has a bonus on the lesson,,

A baut your ''whole hearted'' can't find it in the recommend a lesson,can you put a link here??

dtaylor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Happen to be working on this at the moment, always good to get extra tips on a lesson.
Scott, good playing btw.

Dean

sbutler

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Willem, I thought that I had submitted the song Whole Hearted, but like you, I couldn't find it. Its in there now, cause I just did it again.

There, take that.

Scott

sbutler

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Neil, thanks for the review. I had little leg up after you reviewed Suzi's version of this. That review, in conjunction with the lesson really helped. As did this review. Your two notes are very well taken. However, I was expecting you to say something about the measure that starts with the Bm chord. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get those notes to ring as long as I wanted, as my fingers had places to go. Maybe its just something about this song and chord progression that just has to be sacrificed.

Scott

tgjameela

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Great review, can't say it enough, I really love those the most of all the great stuff on the site!

Thanks Scott and Neil!

Vanessa

dsmarion

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Nice job Scott, really liked that! I couldn't play Neil's review as the video doesn't want to play right now - I will try later, usually don't have any video problems here. I know you said this song has been kicking your behind but it doesn't look like it. If you can get through one take you will start to get it all the time soon enough. So you like the guitar?

Scott

sbutler

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 pm

dsmarion wrote:
Nice job Scott, really liked that! I couldn't play Neil's review as the video doesn't want to play right now - I will try later, usually don't have any video problems here. I know you said this song has been kicking your behind but it doesn't look like it. If you can get through one take you will start to get it all the time soon enough. So you like the guitar?

Scott
Thanks Scott, it is a fun song to learn. A real challenge. And yes, I love the Taylor. It has a lot more midrange tone than my little Seagul does. I've had nothing but fun with it.

Scott

suziko

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:36 am

It was nice to revisit your version of this song. You played it so nicely and I remember that when you posted it, I felt inspired to go back to this song and dust it off again. Like you said, it's fun to play and is also a great fingerpicking exercise.

Good review from Neil. Holding those notes down is always something I need to remind myself of, too.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic