Eric Clapton Tears in Heaven by dsmarion

dsmarion

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 am

I have had better takes of this - but not with the camera rolling. Funny how that happens :angry: I lost my place in a couple of spots and normally just playing it I get thru it ok, except for the middle bridge which I am still very weak on as of yet. Singing along makes it tougher too but I am getting there.

Also the mix is horrible since I have no mic and trying to mix it with the vocals on the same track as the guitar - not good. Oh well.

This is still a work in progress but I think I am getting close. Hope you enjoy the work so far.

Scott

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dekotaj

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 am

BRAVO!!!Scott

Great Clapton tune.And a damn good job on it!

Kevin

willem

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:03 am

I second Kevin..

snipe

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:44 am

Scott

I think you did a great job on that. I think you have good vocals too.

Mike

dtaylor

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:46 am

Superb, Scott, very impressive. Having messed around with this myself I admire the control you have over the whole piece.

Dean

abiliog

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:07 am

Scott,
Great great work on this one, wonderful playing.
I also think your voice sounds really good on this song.
Enjoyed it a lot, two thumbs up :)
Abilio

jayswett

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 am

That was really well done. I agree with you that you have a little work to do on it, but not much. I thought your singing really worked with this. Congrats on very, very nice video.

dennisg

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Scott,

Well I indeed very much enjoyed your 'work in progress' ;)!

And I think you're definitely getting close, keep playing it and you'll be fine! I also very much enjoyed you singing along, this is your singingdebut right?

The camera.....yeah, I think we all experience that....I usually find it #@$%$#@! :S :blink: :evil: :angry:

Anyway, thanks for sharing your work Scott!

Ness

dsmarion

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 am

Thank you for the nice comments guys. I have been working pretty hard on this and it's not really an easy one - especially to try and sing along, the turn-around between verses I found especially tough early on to get the timing going back into the beginning riff while singing it. Also I had started to learn a bit of this before joining the site and I first tried it watching someone's web teaching video which he did the chords different than Neil teaches (and different than Eric also). I also have watched a few videos of Eric doing it many times and he doesn't even do it close to the same in any of those videos. Some he uses his thumb wrapped around the bass notes while others he does not. I found my best way of doing it was using the thumb wrap - and I did that for a while and had the beginning down up to the middle bridge doing it that way. I was getting comfortable.

Then I joined the site here and watched Neil's version of doing the chords. Oh no, another change in how to do it. I mentally fought hard against making the change since I already was doing pretty well the other way - but ultimately I made it which took a lot more time, using fingers 2-4 is very hard to learn at first especially because you can't cheat, the whole chord has to be down at once. I am getting comfortable with it now though and hardly ever find myself wanting to use the thumb which happened a lot for a while. My left hand position is still not very good. Because of the size and weirdness of my hand structure I am not sure I ever will be great on that but I am trying to get better at it.

This is one of the three songs that brought me out of guitar hibernation - I really wanted to learn this one. Thanks again for taking a look and the nice comments.

Scott

willem

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 am

dsmarion wrote:
Thank you for the nice comments guys. I have been working pretty hard on this and it's not really an easy one - especially to try and sing along, the turn-around between verses I found especially tough early on to get the timing going back into the beginning riff while singing it. Also I had started to learn a bit of this before joining the site and I first tried it watching someone's web teaching video which he did the chords different than Neil teaches (and different than Eric also). I also have watched a few videos of Eric doing it many times and he doesn't even do it close to the same in any of those videos. Some he uses his thumb wrapped around the bass notes while others he does not. I found my best way of doing it was using the thumb wrap - and I did that for a while and had the beginning down up to the middle bridge doing it that way. I was getting comfortable.

Then I joined the site here and watched Neil's version of doing the chords. Oh no, another change in how to do it. I mentally fought hard against making the change since I already was doing pretty well the other way - but ultimately I made it which took a lot more time, using fingers 2-4 is very hard to learn at first especially because you can't cheat, the whole chord has to be down at once. I am getting comfortable with it now though and hardly ever find myself wanting to use the thumb which happened a lot for a while. My left hand position is still not very good. Because of the size and weirdness of my hand structure I am not sure I ever will be great on that but I am trying to get better at it.

This is one of the three songs that brought me out of guitar hibernation - I really wanted to learn this one. Thanks again for taking a look and the nice comments.

Scott

You are very welcome Scott and i find you very skilled and when i return to this song/lesson that it came by you and our Tony who did i believe also this one ones..hope also you stay on the singin..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic