Eric Clapton Tears in Heaven by dsmarion

BobR

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:25 am

Hi Scott,

I really enjoyed your work in progress very much. Overall great job. Keep at it.

Thanks for the look

Bob

Yamaha48

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:51 am

Hello Scott...

Good job on this nice song from Eric.
Playing and singing this song is not easy.
I know when the camera is on,that feels diffrent.
Give it a little more time,and it sound mutch better.
Thanks for sharing this with us my friend.
I love your video's.

Cheers from Holland......................Anton

jimcjimc

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 am

Great job, Scott! Thanks for sharing.
Jim

lueders

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 am

Wow, Scott NICE job! And you sung too! That was mighty good! I think all you need is more times through it so everything feels
automatic. That was just great though, Scott! Right ON!!!

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 am

Scott-
I thought that was great! I like the fact that you kept it going even through the flubs. We've all been there with our recordings. I always have at least one part in every upload that I mess up.

Your guitar playing was solid- as were the vocals. Very tough song to sing imho.

Great upload.

8calm8

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:47 am

Awesome Scott.

Thanks for inspiring me to take another look at this beautiful song.Good job.

G

tovo

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Hey Scott. I did enjoy your work in progress video. A very tough one for sure and you are well on your way with it. Look forward to the next one.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Very nice job indeed Scott! Not an easy song to get down especially with those vocals which I though you did a great job on.
I also liked how you played through... that's a nice attitude and it does not detract from the performance at all. PDG!

dsmarion

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Kevin - thanks for the encouragement, it is a great tune, agreed.

Mike - thanks for looking and the nice comments. I think my vocals work for this one, not true on most others, very limited and have a lot of trouble playing and singing, like walking and chewing gum B) :silly: :lol:

Dean - thanks I do feel I am gaining control over it now - this is the third way I have learned it and I think I like it the best (now finally).

Abilio - thank you my friend - I enjoy looking at your posts as well.

Jay - very nice comments I appreciate you taking a look.

Ness - yes it was the vocal premier, a little scary. Couldn't agree more about the camera and sound recording :angry: :woohoo: :( :angry: :silly:

Willem - Thanks for the encouragement. Not sure I will sing too much, I have a very limited range and it affects my playing a lot but trying to get better at it. Glad I give you a reason to revisit this song, it's worth it imho.

BobR - Thanks for taking a look even with the rawness of it - work in progress (aren't they all :lol)

Anton - when the camera is rolling it is very different, I am not really very outgoing and it makes me nervous lol. Just sitting around playing I do a lot better usually. It is a tough song to sing and play but I am trying.

Jim - thanks for the nice comments and for taking a look.

Cori - You are too kind as always. I do feel it is getting there though. Thanks!

Al - flubs happen, I expect them to. And when you are playing live you need to keep going and get through them so I try to do that in practice as well. It helps, but that is easier when you are playing with others. Playing by yourself there is nowhere to hide :( :blink: :blush:

G - thanks for the nice comments, glad you want to take another go at this one. Looking forward to your version.

Tony - the "next one"?? wow, you are only as good as your last run-through :S

Chris - thanks for the comments - playing through is easy when you have to do it all the time :laugh: :laugh:

cosmicmechanic

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Scott, yours is a classic scenario: get used to playing a song in a less than satisfactory way, then discover TG and relearn playing it using Neil's better approach. So far, I've found it easier to just stop playing a song for some months in the hope of forgetting it, losing the muscle memory for the wrong moves, rather than attacking it while I still have a strong urge to play it as usual. I understand that you decided to fight it out on this one.

Great result so far, also very enjoyable vocals !

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic