The Beatles I've Just Seen A Face by MarkM

reiver

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Mark - I always enjoy watching your videos. This looks like a fun song to play and I may be forced to give it a go in my quest to improve my flatpicking.

Stuart

ps McCartney may have been playing it - but I don't think he was playing what you were playing. That's what the band is for!

dsmarion

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:25 pm

reiver wrote:
ps McCartney may have been playing it - but I don't think he was playing what you were playing. That's what the band is for!
Stuart, you are probably right about that, it appears he just plays the straight chords with no embellishment. Nice to have a backup band! But still the timing is probably the tough part while singing I would bet. At least it sounds that way to me, never tried it myself.

Mark, I would tend agree with the others who suggested you take the capo off and lower the vocal part to make it a bit easier to sing - unless doing that makes the lower part a bit too low which may be your reasoning for using it.

Scott

RicksPick

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:05 am

Well done Mark
I can see why it took a while... up to speed
wow

RicksPick

suziko

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:42 am

Mark,

I'm coming late to this, but I really enjoyed hearing your version. This is a song I've been playing for a while and I find it really fun, though also challenging to really bring out the bass notes and get those little bass runs. I think you did a nice job with it. Plus, the tempo is super fast, but you didn't seem to be struggling.

I'm guessing you had the capo on because Neil's lesson has two parts, one played in A and un-capod and one played in G, capod at the 2nd fret. You played it in G, capod at the 2nd. But you could leave the capo off at play it in G still and it'd be easier to sing. As long as you're not playing it with someone, it doesn't really matter.

Suzi

michelew

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:55 am

OH come ON!!!! Own up already!!!

You speed up the video right? That's gotta be it.

I swear I saw smoke coming off those strings.

You haven't been attending Ness' superhero school now have you Mark.

Ridiculous!

Smoke and mirrors, looking through a worm hole, ahhhhhh... There's got to be a rational explanation. No one's that fast.

Damn that was fast. Amazing

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic