The Beatles I've Just Seen A Face by MarkM

dsmarion

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:44 am

Hey Mark,
Nice job on this one, a very fast song and tough vocally (especially if you try to add the high harmony - I would add the high harmony an octive lower if I ever tried it, I'd never touch the high one lol). Great work on a tough one!

Ok, inspiration time - don't know about the original studio recording, but Paul definitely does play and sing it these days. Nice live version from Russia.

dsmarion

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 am

Hi Mark,

Very nice effort on this one and what a fun song to play!

Suggestions, you might wanna work on picking out those bassnotes a little more. And personally I'd take the capo off, I suspect you will reach those high notes way more comfortable.

Great to see you again Mark, well done!

Ness

pbraun

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:05 am

Great song Mark, and you did a great job at it. Paul (and Neil) make it look so easy. Now you can throw you in that mix as well!
Nicely done!
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 am

Hey Mark good to see you posting. Great playing.... can you sing along as you play it? I'm sure you can manage that... and I would also remove the capo to make the singing a little easier. Hope the move down south is paying off for y'all. ;-)

jimcjimc

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am

Hi Mark,
Thanks for posting! Good to see you posting again! Yes, that is a fast tempo on that song!
Jim

buddy

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Wow, talk about taking on a tough song to play an sing. Great Job on this tune Mark. Both your playing and singing have really come up to a whole new level.

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:17 pm

Mark, that tune does have more of a "down south" sound, not a "New England" sound at all ... seems the transplant is taking hold.

Listened to this late last night, then had it in my head all day today ... you must be doing something very right.
I especially like the accented base notes (hammer-ons, pull-offs, or both ?). I'll definitely look at Neil's lesson on this tune ... contagious.

Nice vocals, too ... your southern drawl hardly shows in your singing voice. :side:

By the way, let me know if you ever run short on possums, I do have several good groundhog recipes (seriously).

A great pleasure to see and hear you play again, Mark !

Pierre

dennisg

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Mark,

I love your playing on this song -- totally smooth, with each string audibly separated. Great job! One thing I don't understand is your use of the capo. Why do you need it? It just puts the song in a higher key, making the vocals that much more difficult.

BobR

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Mark,

Nice to see you post a very fast song. You kept the speed up real well and did a nice job. Hope you're loving your new place. Glad to see you're still a Pat's fan :laugh:

Bob

MarkM

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 pm

All,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments and suggestions. I normally thank everyone individually but I've been flat out busy these past few days and I'm travelling to Disney with the family tomorrow. So no rest for the wicked. I'll get back to this when I return. Once again thanks to everyone who took the time to watch and comment.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic