The Beatles I've Just Seen A Face by MarkM

MarkM

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Well it's been a while since I've last posted a Target song I've been working on. This is my quick but sorry attempt at this great Beatles tune. It took about 3 or 4 days to get up to the original speed. I thought I'd never get there. I haven't yet added the intro or the solo pieces yet. I put the vocals in afterwards as there was no way I was going to play this and sing it. I'm not sure if even McCartney did it on the recording. It's capod at the second fred so I play the G shapes for the key of A. I think I got that right. Anyway here it is. As always thanks for watching and let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Yeah great Mark,,wow what a speedy song but if you can that speed with good sound then maybe bleugrass is no problem for you and then that singin also in that speed,,well i enjoyed the whole thing but was tired after it.lol

it sounded great Mark.

cheers Willem

tovo

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Great playing Mark as usual. You nailed that fast piece, and I liked the expression of relief at the end. Sounded a damn tough song to sing. kudos for taking it on and getting through it well.

dtaylor

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm very impressed by the overall effect of the strumming Mark, without seeing the video I'd think it was very relaxed. Watching your right arm I'd suggest you could relax your wrist and get the same speed with less arm movement. Whether or not this really matters or not when it sounds so good I'll leave for others better qualified to chip in...

Any road up, bravo for your hard work so far.

Dean

jayswett

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Glad to see that you are up and running again. I'm sure the move was a pain in the neck, but worth it if you hate the New Hampshire winters. Nice job with this song. I have been working on my strumming with mixed results. This video gives me more to strive for.

Lavallee

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi Mark, nice playing on a speedy song, I agree with Dean about the wrist as you will need that flexibility when you do double speed strumming.

Nice to see you on video again

Marc

millponddave

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Mark,

That was some fast playing. It made me tired just watching you. Great job.

Dave

Music Junkie

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Mark:

Only thing I could advise is what the others have said already about loosening up. Although knowing your good strumming work, each day will bring more and more comfort with the song and you will relax into it.

Filmed in the new house?

Thanks for posting.... :)

MJ

Craig

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Mark,
Nice effort on a tough song! I've always liked this song. I took a stab at it awhile ago... the passing notes between chords always killed my timimg when trying to play it up to speed. You have the speed and strumming down pretty well. Congrats to you! Keep up the good work!
Craig

dekotaj

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:18 am

Mark

Bravo Sir!!! Got yourself a new music room set up in the new house.And a new song.Someone has been working hard I see.Enjoyed the song.Great job on a quick strummer.Only thing I saw that could be changed.Is next time don't wipe your brow after a great show,Tip your hat.You owned it!!!

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic