jayswett learning The Boxer guitar lesson

pbraun

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 am

Perfect Jay!
Pete

willem

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 am

I enjoyed it very much Jay and congrat on nailing a other one for me it sounded perfect and will be only better when it ages with you,,thanks for sharing..

ps it is not alway's nessary belting out the high notes sing them softer is a good way to get there too

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 am

I swear I could identify your picking blind Jay... always rock steady with a very distinctive feel to it. Nice job all round especially with the vocals... I was harmonising with you and it sounded all good. This song always gets played at any party or event I play at so it is solid gold.

jimcjimc

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 am

Jay,
Great job picking and singing on a great song!
Jim

tovo

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi Jay,

In my opinion you always play very well, that's the case here. Great picking.

I think for me what stands out is the leap you have made into playing and singing. Something you mentioned and something I know has been a challenge for you. So I applaud you loudly. Your persistence has overcome that challenge and I do believe you will go from strength to strength in that area from here.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Jay, I could put this on a loop and let it go on and on ... I'm curious to know if the mood in your house tends to calm down when you play this ?

For example, you have young children ... have you noticed your playing having an effect of this type on them ?

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part ?

Thanks, really enjoyed this.

Pierre

BigBear

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Jay- terrific picking and singing! WOW! Well done indeed! I've always wanted to learn that song and now you've inspired me. Throw another song to learn on the pile. :cheer:

Thanks for sharing and again, great job!! :lol:

dennisg

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Not even Paul Simon plays the instrumental melody while he's playing the finger picking part. You should be really proud of this, jay. It's a first-rate effort from a guy who delivers nothing less than first-rate efforts.

BobR

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Jay,

You should be very proud of this. I thought you did a terrific job. Your fingerpicking is always great and your vocals sounded great as well. Nice victory :woohoo:

Bob

MarkM

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Wonderful job Jay!!!! Congrats on singing and playing. Now you are ready to that this song out to the monthly open mic night. Wish I could join you again and watch it. I hope all turned out well with the hurricane last weekend. I know others up there who didn't fair to well. Take care.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic