tovo learning Under the Milky Way guitar lesson

tovo

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:10 pm

This is a Target song by an Australian band called the Church. I saw them do this live just a couple of months ago. The tune is inspired by a nightclub in Amsterdam. I chose it for a few reasons, Target tune, Australian band and some varied strumming which is something I really need to work on. Thanks for looking.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jim56

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Saweeeet Tony, you're ready for the stage with that tune. Great performance!

Lavallee

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Very nice playing Tony, I like the percussive effect in your strumming. It really suits your voice as well. Not familiar with this group but I will check it out.

Marc

BobR

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Tony,

Very nicely done. Your playing really sounds good and you vocal seem spot on. Maybe a tad fast but really good. I had checked out this lesson when it first came out and liked it but have not looked at it in a while. I guess I will go back and have another look.

Thanks for the look

Bob

tovo

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Jim: Thanks for that kind comment.

Marc: Thanks. Yes take a little time to check out the Church. Their album "Starfish" is really good.

Bob: Cheers mate. I think I'm not playing it as fast as Neil did on the lesson, could be wrong though. Thanks a lot for the observation at any rate. Appreciate your comment.

buddy

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Tony, Way to rock it amigo. This is my favorite of your vids posted to date.

Bud

BobR

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi Tony,

I was checking the tempowith this version. Anyway I think you did it very good.

Bob

michelew

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Tony! Fabulous!

I think this is my favourite of the videos you've uploaded to date. I LOVE it.

You look SO relaxed. I really like your singing and you playing is really smooth.

Somehow I missed this becoming a Target lesson. You've inspired me to learn it.

FANTASTIC.

Shel

Edit - I've just read the other comments - including Buddy's, I swear I hadn't read his comment before I wrote mine, but there has to be something in the fact that we both thought this was your best. Mind you I haven't gone back and looked at the others again. :0)

tovo

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Buddy: Thanks man. I'm real glad you like it.

Bob: I think it is a tune that can be played at different tempos to suit the mood for sure. Please be assured, absolutely no offence taken at your observation, I really appreciate any comments. (Nice version you posted by the way)

Shel: Well if you're happy I'm very happy. Thank you! Truth be known, when I descended on the man-cave this morning it was to record a different tune, but it's not working for me just yet....I know...patience grasshopper! I hoped you would appreciate this classic Aussie number. Glad you liked it and thanks for always making me smile when I need it most.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi Tony,

My first reaction is that your vocals are at least as good, if not better, than the original.
Your delivery indicates that you mean business here. Your concentration is quite good and the strumming is consistent.

I just did a bit of researching this tune ... there are many versions, electric and acoustic, at different tempos.
The speed at which you play it makes it kind of a meditative song, which makes me curious about if you are settled on this tempo or if you might want to also play it at the speed of Neil's lesson, where it might even be considered a "rouser", rather than a "thinker"?

Congrats, very nice ... glad to see this, Tony !

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic