>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Long cool woman - Lavallee

TGCheryle

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live today we look at Long cool woman by Lavallee
Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Kendall

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=812

willem

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Marc, I was totally hyper swingin again,,don't send you track just bring it..

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Couldn't agree with Neil more... just love this song from you Marc!

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks

dsmarion

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey Marc,
Very nice review! Neil gives you high marks as do I, great job! I think the advice he gives about trying to incorporate the straight up/down picking instead of cross-picking is a good one too even though you do a good really job with the cross-picking. This is a concept that took me seemingly forever at one time and now it has become pretty much second nature. It is well worth the effort to continually work on in general for getting really fliuid. Great job on this one my friend!

Scott

cosmicmechanic

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Marc, I was starting vacation when you put the video up, so it just slipped by me.

All sentient beings that have been exposed to this video are unanimous ... great stuff ! Count me in :)

So that does it ... this tune is now back on my regular practice list (haven't touched it in months).

à bientôt,
Pierre

Lavallee

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Neil Thank you very much for the review and those very encouraging words. I know it is not perfect but as you mentioned , there is some improvement. The rhythm is really what I am working on. This is all due to your guidance and motivating teaching. The picking was a bit random, but with time it has improved to a smooth alternate picking. In will rework it slowly.

Thanks again

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks Willem, I just PM you

Thank you Chris

Thank you Dermot

Thanks Scott, I am working all the time to improve cross and alternate picking to widen the type of songs to play

Thanks Pierre, this is certainly a fun song to learn, once the intro is in the bag the rest is a breeze, kinda :)

Marc

jim56

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Hey Marc,

Well done, I especially liked your accompaniment. Did you add that in after you recorded your playing or
played it through speakers during your recording?

Jim

Lavallee

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi Jim, thanks for the comments. I bought a karaoke track and removed the guitar and the voice to keep only the bass and the drum (very easy to do on the karaoke website0. Because I always had some problem keeping the rhythm, I wanted to play against a back track. So the back track was playing through the speakers, my guitar was connected to an amplifier, I was screaming, and the camera recorded that. Not very high tech, but since then I bought a mixer that I hope to learn to use soon.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic