Santana Evil Ways by mbleier

mbleier

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi Mike good idea to work with an easier song to get into singing. It is great that you did not get discouraged when you missed the starting line and just kept going. I would suggest that you try to lighten up the grip on your pick and when you get in the section where you hit the chords one strum at the time, to keep going with your hand instead of stopping. It will help with the timing.

Glad to see and hear you singing

Marc

tovo

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey Mike. I really concur with Marc's comments which are always thoughtful. Kudos to you for getting into playing and singing, sure not easy. Apart from what Marc has already mentioned with the grip on the pick, having that guitar strap looped around your left hand was surely a little distracting, I'd either wear it or take it off. Good to see your video. Well done.

mbleier

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Marc for the encouragement. Its playing and singing that all need work. I struggle with consistency. I struggle even more when the camera is turned on me. I am going to try and post a number of songs that are easier I think that require less thinking to help me get used to having the camera on me. I understand what you are saying about loosening up on the pick. I actually have been working to do that as you advised me of that on another post. I am wondering if I should go from a medium pick to a light pick to help with that issue. I don't know if it is the camera making it sound that bright or not. I feel at time like I am about to loose the pick because I am holding it so lightly, but maybe I did tighten up on the individual strums. Anyways, thanks again for the input.

Mike

Tovo (can't remember your actual name) - Yeah, the playing is really easy, but the singing for this one does trip me up here and there. As far as the strap goes, I should put it on more as it is nice even when sitting down. Thanks for commenting. - Mike

Craig

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey Mike,
Nice job. I have respect for anyone who takes a shot at singing since I haven't. Keep up the good work.
Craig

buddy

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Mike, nice tune and really fun performance. This is the song my wife sings to me all the time :-)

Lavallee

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:04 pm

mbleier wrote:
[quote]Thanks Marc for the encouragement. Its playing and singing that all need work. I struggle with consistency. I struggle even more when the camera is turned on me. I am going to try and post a number of songs that are easier I think that require less thinking to help me get used to having the camera on me. I understand what you are saying about loosening up on the pick. I actually have been working to do that as you advised me of that on another post. I am wondering if I should go from a medium pick to a light pick to help with that issue. I don't know if it is the camera making it sound that bright or not. I feel at time like I am about to loose the pick because I am holding it so lightly, but maybe I did tighten up on the individual strums. Anyways, thanks again for the input.

Mike

Hi Mike, I do not think it is the pick thickness. Try to practice strumming so that you barely hear the strings as if you do not want anybody to hear you . When you will do that your wrist will need to be really loose and the pick will not go so deep in the strings. You can then apply more pressure when needed.

Marc

dekotaj

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Bravo Mike!!

Great Santana song.

Kevin

jayswett

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm

I think that might be the first Santana song I've seen played on TG. Nicely done. Is that a classical guitar you are playing?

BobR

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi Mike,

Nice song choice. It looks like you got over your camera jitters once you got going. I would echo what's been said to lighten up a bit on the strum.

Nice job,

Keep on strumming( a bit lighter though) :laugh:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic