band in my life by rapsidy

rapsidy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:49 am

I have been watching what i can around here but have been busy work, getting ready for holiday and also dreaded video issues on the site :angry:

Due to the vid issues i havent been able to watch Neils little play through where the harpsichord? plays, so i just improvised there... I am at the frustrated stage and have hit a lull in my improvement.. but will battle on :)

dtaylor

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 am

Nice work Brad, you sure like to push the envelope with your song choices. Few would dare take on such an iconically 'Lennon' vocal.
I'm not sure how prescriptive Neil is in the lesson on maintaining the up and down with the pick on the main riff, I think because it's so slow it's less vital but it might help the timing if you're consistent with it.
I'm sure you know but making sure to kill the first string on the riff makes a big difference to the overall effect. On the coda you managed it and it sounded good.
Keep up the good work, good to see you posting again.

Dean

willem

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:10 am

HEY Brad,,for me you did just fine and i wish i could do it just like you,, i know you are one of Neils favorite students and hope you get a review so we get all something out of it,,i think you did a nice jo

Hope to see you on the other SIDE too and that is the new site ''totallyvocals'' ,,take a look its awesome..b

keep them coming..

willem

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:20 am

Hi Brad, how great to see you again!

You also picked such a lovely song, has always been one my favorite Beatles-tunes and it was very nice to hear you sing and play it.

I think you did just fine on the intro, indeed pay attention not hitting the first string when playing the A-chord. So for me I'd like to get into the tempo of your playing, because the intro is too slow compared to the tempo of the verse (when you start sining) or viceversa. You just need to remain playing the same tempo all the way through the song. You know what I mean?

When you start singing, make sure you start strumming on 'places'. Or for instance the last line of the chorus (in my life I loved them all), make sure you sing 'my' on the first beat of the Dm7 and hold that note for at least another beat.

Thanks Brad for sharing, again, it was great to watch you play this one!

cheers

Ness

pbraun

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 am

Brad, Nice job. You took on a tough one and did a good job with it!
Pete

jimcjimc

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Brad,
Glad to see you posting again! I haven't looked at the lesson on this one yet. I need to check it out. I like this song. Thanks for posting.
Jim

dekotaj

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:58 am

BRAVO!!!Brad

Glad to see you back and posting again.You come a long way.(dose it feel like a long way??)Anything I might have said I think Ness has covered.Great job on this song.And don't forget to capo when working on a song.It helps me some times to play a bite down the neck when learning a song.Easier for me.

Great song
Kevin

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 pm

I was just thinking that we had not heard from you in some time. I can see progress in both your playing ans singing in this video so take heart and keep up your hard work.

Bud

tovo

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Hey Brad nice to see you mate. I liked Buddy's comment and agree with him very much that you are improving. You may not feel that way all the time but all efforts are not wasted. There was a lot to like about large chunks of that video. Take aboard what Ness has said and keep practicing.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey Brad, good to see you back in the batting order.
This is a lovely and challenging song to do and your playing has improved judging by this one and you have got all the parts down well.
I agree with Nesh's helpful points on the tempo.
Maybe spend some time playing this through so that the playing becomes completely automatic and then focus on the vocals. There you should just check out the melody line carefully as you nailed parts and lost your way on other bits. When you get these two parts together its going to be gem.

Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic