Harry Chapin Cat's Cradle by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 am

Hey TG,

I've been below the radar lately- but still around.

Here's a version of 'Cat's Cradle'. Actually a song that fits my mood as of late.

I tried to take Neil's point about mixing up the fingerpicking pattern. I wonder if I mixed it up too much.

Also not sure of the harmonies I tried to add. It makes it sound quite spooky- which might be the point I guess.

Anyway, feedback welcome.

dsmarion

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:05 am

Al,

Very, very nice! I am always impressed with your work! Nice work on the harmonies too! I love this song!

I have been working a little on this, you have it much farther along than I do. I am having trouble making the little two-note strums in the middle of those parts sound any where near right. You make it look pretty easy. Great job!

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 am

Very nice job Al! Loads of hard work between the lines there. I thought you handled the picking/strumming/picking transition really well. BAcking vocalls sound good. The whole thing is just excellent. Great to have you back on the radar Al!

buddy

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

Al, This is one of my all time favorites songs and I think you really nailed it. This song really fits your voice.

Bud

tgjameela

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:33 am

Wów Al, you certainly know how to grab anyone's attention around here!

I honestly believe that this one is my personal favorite of yours, it fits you exactly right in every way. I just enjoyed it all very much, the relaxed playing, the singing, the harmonies, very very good job!

As for the harmonies, to me it usually comes natural, how do you do it? You just hear it, or try it, or how? Needles to say, I just loved them!

Ness

deuce01

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am

Nice, Very Nice! I really enjoyed that alot. Great Job!

willem

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:53 am

The only feedback i can give is ''wonderful'' really really wel done,,great job,,the whole way,,now i know when you are under the radar you certainly spy on one ore more songs and blow us away..i am glad to sing one melody and stay on key so i am very impressed and inspired and remembered to this beautiful song and i almost say it is a must learn song for everybody.

thanks AL...

suziko

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:34 am

Al,

I know what you mean about feeling this song on a personal level. I'm not sure any parent can hear this song and not start questioning how good of a parent they've been.

I really liked your version of this song. Nice vocals, as always, and the harmonies seemed fine to me. I don't know if you varied the picking too much but one little thing that I would have liked would have been to hear those bass runs a bit more, the ones in the verses (I think one is G to Em and the other C to Am, though i'm not looking at the tab). I think those add a lot of color to the verses and, at least to me, those bass notes could have been brought out a bit more. Just a minor thing, though. In general, just really nice, clean fingerpicking (as usual) and a very nice job on the intro. I've been working on and off on this song for a few months, but mine is nowhere near as nice as yours.

Suzi

Craig

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:40 am

Al,
Great job. I thought you nailed it. The picking patterns were fine. Your voice suits this song well. Possibly my favorite of yours to date...and that's saying something! Very well done.
Craig

dekotaj

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 am

Hey Al

WOW brother,Talk about pulling the audience in to your world with your song.And all I can say about that is.Man it must be raining real hard in you world.Don't forget Al,Always a rainbow after a big storm!!

Loved the playing
Loved the vocals
And can't tell you how much I enjoyed your song!!!FANTASTIC

BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!
Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic