Here's what I'm giving Freddie Mercury for his birthday

jim56

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the excellent performance. That was a wonderful end to my week.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Dennis, that was classy and well-paced ... seemed so natural, the quiet spots are as important as the notes themselves.
Great to see a flowing mix of picking and strumming ... do I notice your legendary right hand anchoring becoming somewhat lessened ?
And to get through it without a noticeable stumble or grimace :unsure: is impressive.

Shelby radiates a quiet assurance, she's a quick study, for sure, with sensitive delivery.
It's a joy to hear her sing.

And so you moved away from the warmth in California ?!?! If you can be a bit patient, I'll soon have a crate of snow delivered to you C.O.D. !

Pierre

RicksPick

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:31 am

Shelby & Dennis

Loved it

thanks

RicksPick

dsmarion

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:52 am

Dennis and Shelby,

I enjoyed watching that very much. Love the sound of your guitar, the song choice and Shelby's simple yet elegant singing. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Since Shelby just learned this a day before recording it, I think I would like to hear her sing something she really knows well. She has a nice voice.

Scott

reiver

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Jeez, Dennis........you didn't even recognise your own niece! I have days like that too :)

That was fabulous - haven't heard that song for a LONG time and thought Shelby's voice really did it justice. Stepping up at short notice and singing a Queen song is certainly no easy thing to do so she deserves great credit for doing such fine job. Her personality just shone through from start to finish. And I thought your arrangement of the song was extremely thoughtful, played very well on a great sounding guitar. That may well be my favourite post of yours.

Congratulations to both of you.

Stuart

AndyT

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:03 am

Anyone that can follow Freddie scores high in my book.
Very nice hybrid work on the gitbox there Dennis. Very nice indeed.

tombo1230

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 am

I saw this on Utube last night and left a comment. I've now watched it here on TG and it's every bit as awesome! Well done guys, I really enjoyed this it looked effortless, the playing and the singing.

Well done! :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks

michelew

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:52 pm

OMG! that was FABULOUS!!

I'm sorry I missed this for 2 days. I've been working like a dog and when I've dropped in to TG it has been without signing in or just quick enough to be a smart arse and then drop out again so I've missed this completely. Definitely my loss.

Den you played this with so much feeling, your guitar sounds GREAT and Shelby sings like an angel.

You've put a HUGE smile on my face.

LOVED IT!

Shel

suziko

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:20 am

I'll join Shel in the "gone all weekend and finally getting to this" group.

What a lovely rendition of a beautiful song. Your guitar looks and sounds great, Dennis, and it seems to me like that intro and interlude were tricky to pull off, but you handled them extremely well. As always, Shelby's voice is just angelic, and (like Stu said) her sweet personality really shines through right from beginning to end. And kudos to her for taking on such a hard song without ever hearing it before.

And, of course, I loved getting a glimpse of cute little Wally, who I absolutely fell in love with while out in Seattle. He's one of the sweetest dogs I ever met.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic