Here's what I'm giving Freddie Mercury for his birthday

dennisg

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Here we are -- me and my niece Shelby who comes up to Seattle periodically to sing a few songs with me. She's a big fan of Queen, but wasn't familiar with this particular song: Love of My Life, a very sweet and melodic ballad, and the perfect song to dedicate to Freddie Mercury, whose birthday is in September. And, as usual, my dog Wally makes a guest appearance, poking his little black nose into the picture.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Shelby & Dennis that was a wonderful performance. Magnificent. How special is it that you now have this on video to cherish for the rest of your lives. As for the second most beautiful thing in this video, congratulations on your new addition Dennis. I know you have been waiting for a few months now and to finally have it and show us in this video is really cool. It looks and sound great. Thanks for sharing this with the group you two. I really enjoyed this. Way to go!!!!!

MarkM

tovo

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Oh my. Well I'm a big fan of Queen but I'm an equally big fan of Shelby's beautiful voice, Den's wonderfully clean guitar work and that Guitar. I can't figure out which I should rave about the most so I'll say that together, they were just superb. There is a connection between you two that shines through the video and makes for a wonderful experience. I'm glad, very glad, to have seen it. My fond memories of that room make me wish I was there again. Enjoy your visit Shelby and Den and thank you for starting my day in such a wonderful way.

willem

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Thank you both,,Freddy is a lost and it is great to be inspired by Queen, i like many songs of them and still wondering why there is'nt any target songs of them here (maybe...crazy litlle thing..??? to start with )...

i always like suprices,,,

cheer cheer to you both

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:20 pm

That was lovely Shelby and Dennis! Great to see you two teaming up again!

BobR

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Shelby /Dennis,

An outstanding performance by both of you. You do make a great team.

Thanks so much for sharing

Bob

Craig

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Shelby and Dennis,
Very nice! Great playing and singing. I think it is wonderful that you two can get together ocassionally to do this. Family time and shared music...two of the most important things in life! Way to go and thanks for sharing!
Craig

millponddave

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Very, very nice job. That was a great performance. I hope to see more.

Dave

millponddave

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 pm

I just $#@##$$#@% enjoyed that!!!!!

I just loved the introduction, that was réally great, the performance, Wally, it made me smile big big BIG time from ear to ear over here, just lóved it!

Nessa

Lavallee

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Very nice duet Shelby and Dennis. Very warm voice Shelby and and Dennis that complete song is great, good tempo in between the silent moment (meaning that you do not rush after the quiet moments) . That intro is fantastic, was it the first that you post doing hybrid picking?

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic