Ten Years After I'd Love To Change The World by mbleier

mbleier

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

mbleier

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello All,
I know there are some glitches in here but I don't get a lot of time to play it over and over this was still like take 25. I am sure some of you will say play it slower but I feel that this is a good speed for me. I know my biggest issue is consistency. I have been trying to lighten up on the strum, but I struggle so much in front of the camera. I look forward to your comments. Oh, and I realized after that my guitar is a little out of tune, so I apologize for that as well.
Thanks,
Mike

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey Mike, good to see you posting a video! Camera nerves are a bummer but they fade in proportion to the number of takes :-).
I don't know the song and I will let those that know more than me comment on your playing. Well done and thanks for posting your video!

buddy

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Mike, I just wanted to encourage you on this tune. You seem to have it down now you just need some time with it to smooth it out. Kudos to you for taking on a challenging tune like this one and to stretch yourself as a player.

Bud

sbutler

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Mike, this is (in my opinion) the perfect song to learn better timing skills. The only way you learn, is to do it. And you are. Don't worry about the camera (i should take my own advice), just keep playing. Then play some more.

Keep up the good work.
Scott

BobR

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Mike,

Nice to see another post from you. I think you're well on your way. Just keep at it.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

millponddave

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Nice job. That seems like a difficult song so I applaud you for having the courage to tackle it. Keep at it!

Dave

Lavallee

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Nice posting Mike, You seem to have a bit more wrist in the strumming as it seems lighter and it shows in the picking as well when you go up, you can see the wrist rather than the arm taking the change in direction.. That is sure a fun song. Good work

Marc

willem

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 am

Hi,thanks,, i like all of the good tips you get here and watched it a view times and i thought yes!!! that tips i can add to my playing has well,,thanks again i enjoyed it very much..nerves i don't know what they are...lol

dsmarion

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 am

Hey Mike. Glad to see you posting, it's the only way others can try to help. I know about the camera nerves, after taking the time to get the input levels just right and starting the recording process it's easy to just freeze up. Rinse and repeat.

The main thing I want to try and help with is the picking parts, others have mentioned the strumming but the feel of this song for me (great choice by the way, love it) is the way the picking just flows so nice and smoothe on the original. The main thing I see holding you back are simple mechanics of making sure your left hand fingers are all as close to the target fret as you can get them so the notes come out clear and clean. The reason this piece sounds "choppy" in those sections is because your fingers are too far away from the target frets and the notes either buzz a little or don't ring as clear and as long as they should. Having the notes keep ringing on into the next notes nioce and clear is the key to getting this to sound right. So concentrate more on your left hand positioning and that should help a lot.

You have a good start on this song and I don't think the speed is a problem once you get a clearer sound going there. Like anything worth while it takes a lot of work to get good results.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic