Heart Silver Wheels by tvarga

tvarga

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:58 am

This has been one of my favorite TG lessons so far. I learned a lot from Neil, especially by watching carefully his left hand and finger positioning. I'll admit that I didn't follow it too well in this video. I just can't get the double pull-offs to work very well yet. Using my sloppy finger positioning gives me the best sound for the moment.

-Tom

dennisg

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:08 am

Wow, that's truly impressive, Tom! You're off to a smashing start.

BobR

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Tom,

Sounding really good. I'd like to have your sloppy finger position. :laugh:

Hope all's well with you

Bob

dsmarion

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey Tom,

Nice work so far, love this IRL myself for sure. I haven't spent a lot of time on it yet because I have too many things I am already working on (really, really way too many lol).

One thing I can tell you from experience though is this: the longer you wait to unlearn the sloppy parts the harder they will be to get rid of. I actually did start working a little (very briefly) on this when the lesson came out - and I already do an extremely sloppy version of it from long ago - and I really had a hard time of trying to leave those nasty bad sloppy habits in the past, my brain-to-fingers connection sure won't let go of them easily. Those habits become so deeply embedded they are stored at the subconcious level. My true advice would be to do all you can to change them now from the start even though it definitely will slow you down. It will be worth it.

That being said, what you have going there sounds very good indeed! Nice work, thanks so much for posting!

Scott

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Tom:

This lesson has not been up very long at all, so I would say that you have a damn good handle on it for so short a time. The hand positioning is difficult, but if you keep working on it, it will come. Your other work has showed that you can do these kinds of pieces when you put your mind to it. I would love to be able to play half as good as you just did..... ;)

Keep up the great work!

MJ

willem

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi Tom,, I feel your on your way,, thanks

tovo

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:59 pm

You always take on difficult stuff Tom and do a great job of it. This is no exception. Thanks for the video.

unclewalt

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:18 pm

You're well on your way Tom! :)

Great to see someone uploading this song, I love it as well, it is just so much fun to play!

Ness

buddy

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Tom, I always admire you r willingness to take on a tough song and to post it up early so we can see the progress. You have this pretty far along and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Bud

mbleier

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Tom,
That was just fun to watch. Nice work.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic