buddy learning POISON AND WINE guitar lesson

buddy

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

My friend Gypsy who lives all the way across the United States on the East coast, asked if I would perform this song with her. I have two guitar parts going in the song with the first being a palm muted scratch with the pick on some power chords to add a percussion type base sound as in the original tune. The second guitar part is an attempt to mimic the piano section of the original song. Gypsy performed all the female vocals in this song but we had some trouble with her video files so my wife stood in as a stunt double for her in the video. I performed the guitar and male vocals. I had some fun with the video for this tune some make sure you give me feedback on the video presentation as well. It is amazing what you can do with technology and working with these files over the net.

Let me know what you think ?

Bud

buddy

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 pm

OOOPS, meant to post this in the busking channel.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 am

Loved it Buddy! Pass on my congratulations to Gypsy too. Great harmonising. I thought you put the guitar parts together really well. Cool idea to have your missus stand in for Gypsy... tell her she did a great job. The video was nicely filmed with some spooky fades... especially at the end. Really enjoyed it ... thanks for sharing!

willem

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:22 am

Buddy,,missus and gypsy,,gee did i enjoy this,,you getting pro lately,,,maybe a suggestion on getting pro ear/cups that are a bit out of side like pro performers you get what i mean i think,,,

really,really well done but gee ''i love you,i always will'''it came really out the hearts...

Cheers Willem.. from Holland and that is a pity, it is so far away...

BobR

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Buddy,

That was done really well all around. Playing, vocals, stunt doubles :laugh: , and your video looked real professional too.

Great job

Bob

dekotaj

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 am

WOW Folks!!

Great performance.Mix,played and sang just wonderfully,And a beautiful wife.(PRICELESS)!Thank you for standing in.It helps give the video more depth. Be sure to tell Miss Gypsy,just fantastic.BRAVO!!!Sir

Kevin

Craig

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Buddy,
Very professional! Well done. Gypsy's voice reminds me a little of Emmy Lou Harris. I enjoyed it.
Craig

buddy

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:04 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Loved it Buddy! Pass on my congratulations to Gypsy too. Great harmonising. I thought you put the guitar parts together really well. Cool idea to have your missus stand in for Gypsy... tell her she did a great job. The video was nicely filmed with some spooky fades... especially at the end. Really enjoyed it ... thanks for sharing!
Thanks Chris, This was a very fun project to work on. I keep teasing Sue about her performance and we have had a few laughs about it.

Bud

buddy

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:06 pm

willem wrote:
Buddy,,missus and gypsy,,gee did i enjoy this,,you getting pro lately,,,maybe a suggestion on getting pro ear/cups that are a bit out of side like pro performers you get what i mean i think,,,

really,really well done but gee ''i love you,i always will'''it came really out the hearts...

Cheers Willem.. from Holland and that is a pity, it is so far away...
Willem, Thanks so very much for your kind comments on this. I agree, to far away but still glad to know long distance through TG.

pmelody

Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:03 am

Well that was really really great!

Very nice harmonies! Gypsy sings really lovely and your voices suit each other just pefectly. And gosh, you're wife did a very good job as being a stunt double (how did you call it??). Also the two guitarparts suited the song very well.

Another thing Bud, I digress, sorry, I've been meaning to say that I noticed your age on your youtube-channel and man, it always amazes how góód (young/healthy/strong, I never would have guessed!) you look and actually so does your wife, you're a goodlooking couple! :P

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic