buddy learning POISON AND WINE guitar lesson

buddy

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 pm

pbraun wrote:
Buddy, Wow everything about this new video is perfect, your guitar the singing, the standing in, the professionalism in the production was outstanding. It had to take some time to put this all together, I think it's time for a CD, maybe a box set!
Pete
Pete, Thanks so much for your comments on this. I am afraid that by the time I am ready to do a CD I will just be to old :laugh:

buddy

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Scott, I am really glad with how the guitar worked out on this. I will have to pull my wardrobe together for the next one, lol.

buddy

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Buddy,

That was breathtakingly beautiful. Your voices blend well, and the guitars were mixed just right. Congratulations to Gypsy, you, and your lovely stunt double wife (very convincing performance). Thanks for uploading.

Hydroman52
Thanks a bunch for the listen and for your uplifting comments as well. I told Sue she should go into acting B)

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Well I haven't read anyone else's comments before posting mine- but I'm sure what I'm about to write will have been repeated many times already..

Outstanding, Buddy. The quality recording you're getting- especially with a long distance collaboration is amazing!! It's too bad gypsy's video didn't work out- but kudos to your wife for stepping in and doing a great job as a 'double'.

Technically, I like what you did with the video. As an editor- I subscribe to the 'less is more' school of thought. Simple, subtle dissolves worked great and matched the song's vibe very well.

Congratulations on a superb upload.

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Well I haven't read anyone else's comments before posting mine- but I'm sure what I'm about to write will have been repeated many times already..

Outstanding, Buddy. The quality recording you're getting- especially with a long distance collaboration is amazing!! It's too bad gypsy's video didn't work out- but kudos to your wife for stepping in and doing a great job as a 'double'.

Technically, I like what you did with the video. As an editor- I subscribe to the 'less is more' school of thought. Simple, subtle dissolves worked great and matched the song's vibe very well.

Oops! See- I liked it so much I posted twice here!!

millponddave

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Buddy,

That was really cool. I have no idea how you pulled it all off since my technological skill on the computer are limited to barely being able to type this but you did a great job. It sounded great.

Dave

buddy

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:19 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hi Buddy, nice production, there. You and Sue seemed like two songbirds perched on the same branch and warbling away ... making sounds that stop the passersby and suddenly they are not in such a hurry anymore ... they just stop and listen, and reflect. Gypsy's voice has a great down-to-earth quality in this song. I would imagine she has the vocal range for many types of singing.

Pierre
Pierre, You are a kind poet and philosopher. Gypsy really is a gifted singer and cover many different songs. It was a real joy to put this together. Thanks very much for your kind words on this.

Bud

buddy

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:39 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

Al, Thanks so much my talented friend !

buddy

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 pm

millponddave wrote:
Buddy,

That was really cool. I have no idea how you pulled it all off since my technological skill on the computer are limited to barely being able to type this but you did a great job. It sounded great.

Dave
Dave, thanks very much, and hey your type really good :laugh:

Lavallee

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Beautiful video again Buddy, I think you are at your best when youn sing with the controled power. You can slightly go up but it is obvious there is a lot more. Congratulation for Gypsy harmonies and the gresat rendering by Sue

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic