Beatles Here Comes The Sun by RicksPick

buddy

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Rick, pure class on this tune. Love the hat, at least you didn't just wing this song. :laugh:

cosmicmechanic

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Rick, the great spirit give vision: in not so many moons you buskum herecomesthesun, makeum much wampum !

Nice progress !
Pierre

Lavallee

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi Rick, best strumming and picking video so far what a change. I did not realize someone could grow feathers on his head and fox tails as side burns.Looking forward to see you with that haircut under a tuque this winter.

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Rick,

Great progress on this difficult tune IMHO. You said You had the camera jitters- but you actually seemed relaxed to me. Especially your strumming and focused picking. I think that's the trick to this song.. Just relaxing your strumming hand and letting it do it's thing (after practicing the song about a million times, of course).

Thanks for sharing.

Btw- you're setting quite the precedent in the hat department. Good luck topping this one!!

Craig

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Rick,
Nice job on a great song. It's coming along nicely! This has been on my "to do" list for a long time. Thanks for inspiring me to get to it!
Craig

tovo

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:15 am

Hey Rick, great work mate. A lot of progress evident there for sure. I loved your Village People tribute as well....but the cowboy was my fav...the mustache was to die for!

dsmarion

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 am

Rick,

Way to go making the progress you have. I know it seems sometimes that you don't think you are progressing but the before and after takes clearly show that you are. Keep going and you will see when you post your next one a few weeks from now even more progress will be apparent. If you put in the work it will show and it sure does. The melody is coming out so much more now - and I am sure it's a lot more fun to play now too. I am working on the instrumental version of this and in the beginning it didn't sound like much, it takes a while for the musical-ness to appear, but once it does it becomes so much more fun and rewarding for the hard work. Great job!

Scott

RicksPick

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks Willem pass the peace pipe

Thanks Mark coming from you, who always impress's me, thanks

Thanks Vannessa, glad it made you smile

Thanks Michelle guess its the turkey lol, What is your profile pic? carnt work it out???

Suzi, Hard dont i know it, subtle changes all the way through, thanks

Stuart thanks, hey I will try, lol

Buddy thanks bud

Thanks Pierre, You speek with forked tounge

Marc you never know my friend

Thanks Al there's always a challenge, thanks

Craig, cool looking forward to it, thanks

Tony stop it, giving me idea's lol thanks dude

Scott an instrumental version, will be waiting for that one,, thanks

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to comment, and lots of funny reply's
Hoping to update this and hoping to record without the nerves, hey maybe one day

Thanks
RicksPick

dekotaj

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 am

Bravo!!Rick

Sound darn good.I hate playing that far down the neck,so hard for my fat finger to fit between the frets.but looks and sound like no prob for you.Bravo!!

Kevin

michelew

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm

RicksPick wrote:

Thanks Michelle guess its the turkey lol, What is your profile pic? carnt work it out???

RicksPick
Rick,

I went to Perth the weekend before last and it's a picture of my daughter and I putting our feet in the clear but freezing water. I love the way the light makes patterns in the ripples.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic