The Beatles Here Comes the Sun (Instrumental) by dsmarion

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 am

Scott,

Impressive! How long did it take you to get it this far?
I only know the focused strumming version (so far). :)

suziko

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:44 am

Beautiful job on a complicated fingerpicking piece, Scott! I've always loved this song and you truly did it justice. This was a real pleasure to listen to! I started off playing this song fingerstyle and then later started working on the flatpicked version that Neil put up a few months back. The one thing I later incorporated into the fingerpicking is the little slide from A to B right at the end of the chorus (right after "It's all right"). I love how that sounds and I'm pretty sure Neil doesn't have the slide in the fingerpicking tab (forgive me if I'm mistaken- I'm not actually looking at the tab, just relying on my memory).

Really well done!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:18 am

Excellent job Scott... well done on stepping up to the plate!

dsmarion

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Scott,

Impressive! How long did it take you to get it this far?
I only know the focused strumming version (so far). :)
Al,

I started working on it the day Willem set the challenge which was three weeks ago. I pretty much did nothing but work on this over that time period.

Scott

P.S. I also want to learn the regular version but have not started on it yet.

dsmarion

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:39 pm

suziko wrote:
Beautiful job on a complicated fingerpicking piece, Scott! I've always loved this song and you truly did it justice. This was a real pleasure to listen to! I started off playing this song fingerstyle and then later started working on the flatpicked version that Neil put up a few months back. The one thing I later incorporated into the fingerpicking is the little slide from A to B right at the end of the chorus (right after "It's all right"). I love how that sounds and I'm pretty sure Neil doesn't have the slide in the fingerpicking tab (forgive me if I'm mistaken- I'm not actually looking at the tab, just relying on my memory).

Really well done!

Suzi
Thanks Suzi. While working on this I went and looked for others who had uploaded a version and yours from around a year ago was very inspirational to me. You did a great job and got a great review on that version. I want to look at the regular version as well sometime. Thanks for commenting!

Scott

dsmarion

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:46 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Excellent job Scott... well done on stepping up to the plate!
Thank you sir. Hey this all was your idea wasn't it? I am really glad that Willem pushed me a little (for many reasons). How is your challenge coming?

Scott

Craig

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Great work Scott! I thought you nailed it. It sounded really nice and clean and steady. Way to go!

Craig

tovo

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Hey Scott this was really, really nice. Volume wasn't great for me but I heard it loud enough to know you played it really well, sounded very clean and the tempo was very solid. I agree with other comments, if fingerpicking is something you are focused on improving, well you are well on your way to say the least.

Thanks for posting.

dsmarion

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 am

Tony - Thanks for taking the time to watch and your nice comments. When I started here I only knew finger picking on basically three songs (Dust in the Wind, Bouree and Mood for a Day) none of which did I use correct technique - just thumb and index finger mostly - or even a flat pick and one finger, usually ring finger I think, can't even remember now isn't that weird? Learning to use the correct technique was certainly one of my main goals along with learning many more of the great acoustic songs that require it which are available in abundance here at TG.

Craig - Thanks for the nice comments and for listening. I am pretty happy about learning this song because Neil mentions that some of the more tricky parts are things you need to learn in order to advance to harder songs (Classical Gas is the example he uses).

Scott

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:32 am

Hi Scott, very nicely done, made me grin and feel optimistic. Maybe you'll get a fingerpicking badge in the mail soon to sew onto your TG Scout uniform :side:

I suppose that choosing to do the fingerpicking version (rather than the flatpicking) added a level of difficulty for you. I wonder if it was because you were on a fingerpicking kick already, or did you consciously decide to identify the more challenging of the two and go that way ?

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic