The Beatles Here Comes the Sun (Instrumental) by dsmarion

dsmarion

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Scott

Very musical.
:)

I had good intentions to post Blackbird, but when I recorded a video.... sorry for my eyes only :blush:
Cop out.... yup :)

I think that's probably my biggest problem, apart from being a slow (very slow :blush: )
I still find I get so far with a song that my brain and fingers don't seem to want to
push beyond a certain threshold.

In Neil's Bob Seger lesson of " You'll Accomp'ny Me" .......... the lesson where he say's .....
"Did I say enough how easy this lesson is" I have worked on it constantly but learning to throw in
1/16th when an wherever you want them is some mean feat.
Strumming a full 4 beat measure of 1/16th's non-stop... is tricky too.
I am getting there but it'll be much longer than 3 weeks for me.

Anyway I didn't mean to turn this into a post about my own lackability but rather point that your three week fingerpicking practice sure paid off.

Dermot
Hey Dermot,
I believe it is always going to be different amounts of time reuqired for each individual. Also even for the same person it will be different amouts of time for each song. There are songs I have been working on for months (or even longer) where I am not even close yet (not to mention how long it would take me to create ANY of your creative images - we don't have that long to wait LOL). But in each case hard work does pay off so keep at it. This particular song clicked fairly early on for me, others songs don't do that at all. I have more problems with arpeggio pieces for some reason. And it will take me a long while to be able to fingerpick a strum sound smoothly (Neil makes that look so easy).

Scott

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks

dsmarion

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Beaker and Chasplaya,

Sorry I didn't see your comments before, they went in my spam for some reason. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic