The Beatles Here Comes the Sun (Instrumental) by dsmarion

dsmarion

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Scott,

Another challenge accepted and I must say I thought you did a fabulous job!!

Very, very nice

Bob

Hydroman52

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Looks like you have a good handle on the finger picking. Good job.

Thanks for posting,
hydroman52

buddy

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Scott, this was very well played, really superb !

willem

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:04 am

YeS I knew it,, super,,thank you,,,,which part do you find tricky???

cheers Willem

jayswett

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:09 am

Wow. That was really nice and enjoyable. Well done.

RicksPick

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:21 am

Go Scott

I rearly enjoyed that
I will enjoy playing along too

RicksPick

skaladar

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:02 am

Way to go Scott! If my memory serves me, learning finger-picking was one of the goals that you never really pursued prior to joining TG not so very long. If that is the case then I have to say that your progress is quite impressive. You must have been working hard at it and it shows. You’re doing a great job at a tricky instrumental and seem to have it well under control. It’s truly inspiring to see such progress at something I should be focusing on more myself.

Keep up the good work and keep the vids coming. Thanks for sharing.

♫ Ken ♫

dsmarion

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:40 am

Well I thought you did very well in here, enjoyed it very much, well done Scott!

Ness

dsmarion

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:58 am

Bob - Thanks for the kind words and for checking it out Bob.

hydroman52 - Thanks I am trying to get more used to it. Thanks for watching.

Buddy - Thanks for the kind words, maybe too kind. I know I can do better but the camera doesn't want me to LOL

Willem - Thanks for pushing me. Hmmm, tricky parts? Wow there are several, at least for me (just keeping my thumb alternating is still tricky to me, it just wants to stop LOL). The trickiest parts I think are using alternating fingers on the melody notes that stay on the same string, the hammer-ons with the bass note added in the end of the bridge and just keeping the similar parts straight since they are very similar in different parts but if you get the wrong one it throws you completely off. Thanks for the challenge and for watching Willem.

Jay - Thanks for watching, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Rick - The more you play along the more parts you will find my finger flubbs LOL

Ken - Your memory is good, fingerpicking is new to me and a is challenging set of motor skills. I played this particular piece incessantly for two weeks to be able to get through it and another week to get comfortable enough to attempt to record it. Now I just need to keep at it to clean it up further. Thanks for the nice comments.

Ness - Coming from you that is such a nice comment. No where near your ability in fingerpicking yet (or multiple talents either) but I am having a ball working on it. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic