Dan Fogelberg - The Reach by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:18 am

Great that your mum liked it Jason... that's one cool mum you have if she's into DF. Tell her many thanks from me.

Sailing by CC is just great. I'll look it up as I'm still in open D. I've been using open D to play Big Yellow Taxi... love it!

Happy turkey to all at the MJ house! ;-)

montehill

Sun May 27, 2012 11:19 am

Very well done! The Reach is one of my favorite Dan Fogelberg songs. You've done a great job with it! I enjoyed your performance!

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Many thanks for your kind comments Montehill! I do love this song and was proud to get it down on video a few months back. By now I feel very comfortable with it having played it so often... but a few weeks back, as I revisited it, it took me while to remember how I played it... its in Open D tuning so I only play it now when the 12 string is in that tuning... I need more guitars as it is now in Open Ddim7 tuning for another great song which maybe I can post if I can get it down a little better....
oh and BTW, welcome to TARGET and the forums!

I just re-read the comments from everyone and although its 7 months ago now, I really appreciate the very kind works and well wishes even more now... not been playing much and been going through one of those phases where my playing and singing does not sound good to me! So it was a great up-lift to re-read.

beaker

Sun May 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Chris, That was a great one, one of the best i've seen you do. Great job! Beaker.

beaker

Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 pm

hmm,,, I just realized this is a old post that I had missed out on!

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 am

beaker wrote:
Chris, That was a great one, one of the best i've seen you do. Great job! Beaker.
Thanks a lot Beaker... a man can always use a pat on the back even after the fact!
thanks for checking it out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic