Dan Fogelberg - The Reach by neverfoundthetime

MarkM

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 am

Chris - Boy that was a real nice performance. Once again your voice just mesmerizes me. I got to tell you your playing was very very nice on this. I actually think it must be harder to fingerpick this song than to use a pick. I'd be really interested in hearing you play this with the pick as the little intro and lead sections would probable really ring out and get that 12 string glowing. It's always a pleasure to watch you sing and play. Thanks for sharing another great video.

MarkM

BobR

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:20 am

Chris,

I can't offer any advice, I just wanted to say I thought you did a terrific job. Your vocals are always a real pleasure. O'h yeah you play that 12 string great too :laugh:

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Craig

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:26 am

Chris,
That was nice, I really enjoyed that. I always love the "fulness" of the 12 string. I also really appreciate your comments on camera nerves and being able to nail it when you are playing with nobody listening. Sometimes I get into the mindset that it's just me. It is reassuring to know that it happens to players who are obviously much better than I am. Great post from you as always.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Many thanks for listening and commenting Bob, Mark and Craig, much appreciate the support.

Yeah those camera (or audience) nerves are a pain. Such an odd thing, you are alone with your camera and you know you can edit but it still gets to you.
I think if someone else was clicking the camera on, I'd relax more, feel less observed. If that makes sense.

dekotaj

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:25 am

Hey My Friend-OK I didn't give it away.I do like The way you got the intro worked out, sounds great.I think Dan did a bunch of hes songs in different tuning.And your playing and singing superb as always.Love the full sound of the 12 string and always enjoy your singing.I like the way you get the vocal out front of the guitar.So BRAVO Chris another song performed like a pro.

I've got to say,that folks like you and Shel and others is the reason I stayed so long at TG.I would like to think that if the site or some of us were to leave,we could still stay in touch and do music together.I would hate to lose such great friends.

BRAVO!!!Chris
BRAVO!!!My friend

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Many thanks Kev and thanks for not giving the game away. Certainly, TG has become more than just an online teaching site and the contact and exchange with everyone here is a huge bonus. I especially value or collaborations and the other get-togethers that happen here. Long may it continue.

jayswett

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Hearing you play that intro reminds me of my amazement when you mentioned years ago that you learned the guitar merely to accompany your singing. As much as I love your singing, I enjoy your guitar playing equally.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Many thanks Jay! I am pleased with this one... finally a piece of more intricate work accomplished!

rapsidy

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks chris i do enjoy your videos, usually because there songs im not familiar with and they are challenging.

Music Junkie

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:09 am

Hey Chris:

Just had to drop a couple of additional comments here......

1. My mom is a huge DF fan as well (she got started on him long ago). I played your video for her last night as she is down for the upcoming holiday. She was blown away. Very impressed with your playing and your singing voice.... ;)

2. I was motivated to look at the song myself a few days ago. In messing around with the Open D tuning, I was looking at a few other songs as well. Most specifically, "Sailing" by Christopher Cross and "Streamside" by The Album Leaf. Just for kicks I capo'd at the second because that works for a standard open E tuning in this case. I stumbled upon one of my favorite songs and am now having a blast learning "We Just Disagree" by Dave Mason. I wanted to thank you again for this post and to let you know that it did indeed give some inspiration along with the enjoyment!..... B)

Cheers!

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic