buddy learning GIVE ME ONE REASON guitar lesson

buddy

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:00 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Having a little fun with the blues today. I will eventually add some lead guitar to this tune. Let me know what you think and what would help move it along.

Bud

BobR

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Buddy,

I had a lot of fun listening too. Yeah add a little lead and it will be real cool. ;)

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 am

Nice work on the bass notes and damping Buddy. All barre chords would make my fingers tired but you keep it even all the way through. Tracey Chapman is a nice fit for your voice... I was wondering what happens if you capo at 1 or 2?
Nice job!

tombo1230

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 am

buddy wrote:

Having a little fun with the blues today. I will eventually add some lead guitar to this tune. Let me know what you think and what would help move it along.

Bud

Very cool Buddy, some light drums supporting would improve this for me, but excellent performance, vocals great. I enjoyed this a lot. :)

Tom N.

Hydroman52

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:03 am

tombo1230 wrote:
buddy wrote:

Bud

Very cool Buddy, some light drums supporting would improve this for me, but excellent performance, vocals great. I enjoyed this a lot. :)

Tom N.

Buddy,

Nice work on this song. I have sent a PM suggestion to you. Check it out if you have the time.

Hydroman52

dekotaj

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:29 am

Hey Bud,

Great job.Don't ya just love setting around jamming?(in your case standing).Keep on jamming and posting.

BRAVO!!
Kev

MarkM

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:17 am

Bud,

Wow very nice!! Another great song choice by you. Very tasteful vocals on this one. Technically... great job on the string muting and keeping a constant tempo. You could just hit an open mic and perform this as is for sure. My only suggestion would be somewhere in the song, preferably the second to last verse, I would consider banging away on the full 6 string chords and if possible elevate your vocals by an octive. Thus creating a bit of a climax before going back to the muted picking on the last verse. Again just something different to try out. I loved the way you did it and it stands great as is.

MarkM

dsmarion

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Buddy,

That was really nice! I enjoyed watching that a lot!

I really only have one small suggestion -- and it is a self-serving one having nothing to do with the song. I would like to be able to see your finger picking hand from the other angle to be able to watch more closely. You really have a nice smooth set of mechanics there but I can't see it well from that camera angle. Great job, nice song selection, vocals really fit you well. Loved it!

Scott

Hydroman52

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey Buddy,

I watched this again and have two more questions.

1. There is a blue thing on the headstock. I am guessing that it is a Snark tuner, but it looks like it's clipped on so the display is to the back side. If my hunch is correct, and this is true . . . . why is it attached like this and not the other way around (facing the front)?

2. I noticed that you were wearing ear buds for monitoring rather than headphones, and at the very end, it looked like the right one fell out. Would you care to comment on the use of the ear buds over headphones? Bassman Jerry and I are looking at migrating to ear buds and are looking for pros and cons of others experiences.

Thanks,
Hydroman52

buddy

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Bob, Can't beat the blues for fun !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic