pearl jam just breathe by rapsidy

MarkM

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Brad,

It's great to see another video from you. As others have said, your improvement is amazing. You should be very proud of that. What you have done in such a short amount of time is really something special. Those fingers are all doing the right things and I'm sure you play this even better when not singing. Keep at it and it will be second nature to you in no time. I also agree that this song fits really well with your vocal range. Your voice sounded really nice on this one. Thanks for sharing and as always I really enjoyed your performance.

MarkM

rapsidy

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey Ness- nice to hear from you, i wished you lived around the corner :) we would have a ball. Yes SUMMER is on its way yee haa B)

thanks for the encouragement it REALLY helps cause there are plenty of self doubts about ones ability to play/sing

Jay= it must be getting close to 2 time flies and that means alot coming from you who i conscider a very good FPicker B) so thank you

Bobr= thanks I have a cold so i thought that would help with the vedder sound :lol:

Bud= thanks man it is good to get feedback as it hard to tell from where im sitting, i guess i kick myself for not starting earlier so im in a "hurry" to catch up so i am determined to learn.

NFT chris= thanks Chris your advice and encouragement have helped me a lot so thankyou, open MIc ??? i am usually laid back nature but the feelings i get when the camera go on now is just crazy, i guess its the pressure to SHOW improvement, its unreal, so i would dread what an open mic would be like :blink:

HYDRo= thanks for your comments , yes the Tempo consistency i need to work on, i do play it better without camera but that is no excuse i guess it means i still dont play it well enough as i should be able to regardless, and YES it is a new cole clarke i think i have posted 1 video of me playing it. I use my yamaha for practicing as i dont want to wreck the CC :laugh: im to scared to use it.

Mark- Cheers that is good to know my fingers are behaving themselves im amazed at how much practice it takes to get it to this stage, i can see why so many give up, but i can see that practice = rewards even though its not perfect i am a little proud :blush: of this as when i first dreamed of playing this it was not possible or within my reach so yeah im pretty happy :silly:

Willem- thank you yes it sounds like a bit too much work for me i am inherently lazy :blush: so i just press record and play stop, play stop, play until im relatively happy plus i find it very difficult to sing if i am not playing, which is a bit different to what some people have difficulties playing and singing, i cant get the FEEL of the song without trying to sing it that is what helps me GET the song, this may mean it takes me longer to learn it but thats how it works for me

rapsidy

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Matt- thanks our climates are totally opposite :) appreciate you watching

scott- thanks for watching and encouraging it really does mean a lot

lueders

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello Bradly!

I always like watching your videos because I think you seem like a helluva nice guy...but mainly because you always bust your ass working so hard at it...and it always pays HUGE dividends for you in your performances. (case in point...right here)

Like others have said...Wow, dude!!! What an improvement. You'll sound better than Vedder in no time...I like the singing just as well now. and the playing. I think that is just a matter of getting it to automatic mode...like Ness was saying. i.e. just playing it over and over and you'll have the mechanics down pat and you'll be able to play it subconsciously! Great Job!
I admire your work ethic, Sir.

Congrats on a very successful post and a tremendous level of improvement!!

Cori

Chasplaya

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Well Brad its all been said great effort and very noticeable on a decent guitar, at last a man with good taste! A great incentive to see your progress.

skaladar

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:01 am

Brad, you just get better and better with every effort. You’re looking more and more comfortable and relaxed. It truly is a pleasure and an inspiration to watch your progress. Keep-em coming!

♫ Ken ♫

dennisg

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:55 am

Brad,

Great to see you attacking this song, and I've always believed (from seeing your version and others) that it's a difficult piece to play and sing.

One thing you might want to try is practicing with a metronome to even out your tempo which tends to waver throughout the song.

willem

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:12 am

rapsidy wrote:
Willem- thank you yes it sounds like a bit too much work for me i am inherently lazy :blush: so i just press record and play stop, play stop, play until im relatively happy plus i find it very difficult to sing if i am not playing, which is a bit different to what some people have difficulties playing and singing, i cant get the FEEL of the song without trying to sing it that is what helps me GET the song, this may mean it takes me longer to learn it but thats how it works for me[/quote]

Oh YES I understand complete what you say to me,so keep up with trying this way....

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Brad,

As others have said- really noticeable improvement on this deceivingly difficult song.
Posting your progress on a song is great. It's good to compare where you're at to where you've been.
And you're getting there for sure.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:13 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Well Brad its all been said great effort and very noticeable on a decent guitar, at last a man with good taste! A great incentive to see your progress.
I was wondering about that guitar and my inkling was correct, in that case. Nice move Brad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic