George Harrison Any Road by MarkM

MarkM

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Pierre - Thanks for the kind words. Yup finger picking practice can drive you mad. It's always good to get to a song that is pretty simple to strum out to from time to time. You'll like this song. I had a blast learining it. It's a keeper for sure.

Brad - Thank you very much. It took a few hours and probably about 50 times to get the strumming down close to where it needed to be. I still messed up in the bridge where I lost a few beats. Nice thing about singing it though is you can hide the missed beat. Now I just need someone who does slide guitar to add some lead work.............

MarkM

Lavallee

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Mark, sorry to be a little late, but I also thought that your singing was great. I also like the percussive effect of your strumming. I hope you are managing the nice weather.

Marc

MarkM

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Marc. Glad to see you back. I hope everything is well. Thanks for the nice words. I really had a good time putting this song together. As for the weather, it's been a nice change to what I'm used to. It's going to be about 65F today. I'm actually headed to the SEC Championship game today in Atlanta. Big college football game. It's for work but there are worse things to do. Take care and I hope to see you posting something soon.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 am

How did I miss this?

Mark- I agree with Dennis. This is your best vocals yet.
The strumming is superb, as always. LOTS of changes that would have my fingers in knots.

Good to see you again!

MarkM

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 am

Al,

I'm just getting to this now. Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. I really enjoyed the two performances I saw of yours this evening.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic