George Harrison Any Road by MarkM

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Really nice job on this Mark. I place this up there with your best effort yet and gotta agree this would be fine at an open mic.

buddy

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Mark, I agree with what others have said here, this is also my favorite of yours. Very strong playing and singing !!!!

Great stuff,

Bud

tvarga

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 am

Hey Mark, that sounded really great and was played well!
Your recording is really crisp and clear.
I love the sound of your guitar. :)
-Tom

willem

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:25 am

Super Mark,,i want some of that Georgia air,,,,what i nice song and i think it suits to your life '''the road take you there''

still humming Willem

dsmarion

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:48 am

Hey Mark,

Thanks for posting the originals as I wasn't familiar with this one either. Good job attacking a song, figuring it out and having fun with it. Great job.

Scott

pbraun

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 am

PERFECT Mark, glad you put this up what a great song-and you played and sung great. I remember seeing this song when Georged passed away and tried to find it. I finally found it on a bootleg (the song was labled no name, might have been from sat nite live) then of course it was on Brainwashed. Both versions are great but the acoustic version is very special.
I put this in recommed a lesson awhile back it should still be there.
Again Mark great post
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 am

Yep, that's my favourite singing performance from you so far too Mark. Nice job and the strumming was just fine with fingers (welcome to the fingertip strummer's club!). I think Any Road is a typical "Beatles" title as in northern English usage, any road also means any way or any how (sorry if that's obvious, wasn't sure if it had the same connotation in the US/rest of the world).

MarkM

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:51 am

Thank you all for the kind reviews. I just have enough time to respond before another trip (I hear ya Tony). This time to KC.

Dennis - As always thanks for the kind review. I'm glad to bring you a new song that you hadn't heard before.

Jim - Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Craig - Thank you!! My version was somewhat caught in the middle between the acoustic and studio versions. I was in the key of the studio version but tried to play it more like the solo version if that makes any sense.

Tom - I'm glad you liked it. Enjoy your ride to work today.

Cori - Thanks for the kind words. I always enjoy reading your comments. I'm glad you like it as I aim to please............

Chas - Hey thanks for the nice words. I hope everything is going well in your new place and on the job front.

Buddy - Thanks for watching. I'm glad you liked it. That means alot coming from a pretty accomplished performer yourself.

Tom - Thank you!! I'm glad the sound came through ok without the pick. I was a bit worried there.

Willem - Ha! Yup Any Road will get you there if you choose to take it........ Thanks for watching.

Scott - Thanks!! Yea I really had a good time with this song. I just need to memorize all the lyrics on this one.

Pete - I'm glad you like it as I know your really enjoy this song from George. I wanted to make sure I didn't destroy the song. You have the chords at home so this one should be pretty easy for you. You just have to get the strum pattern down. It gets a little difficult on the bridge but other than that its pretty strait forward.

Chris - Thanks for the kind words. Glad to be apart of the club. Any Road to me means more of a leap of faith that regardless of where you are and don't know how to get out of a situation/lost, its time to put on foot in front of the other and just take the road ahead of you. Something like that anyway.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Mark, learning this tune has been on my wishlist for a good while now, and I ended up playing along with you ... instant gratification ! So I'll continue and take a more detailed look at it very soon, a welcome change from the fingerpicking I've been drilling on recently. By the way, I think your last video was playing "I've Just Seen a Face", and it had the same effect on me ... been chipping away at that one too.

Thanks for this !
Pierre

rapsidy

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 am

I just love how you can just listen to a song and nut it out thats just great ability. i agree your strumming is never sloppy and your whole set up sounds good

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic