jayswett Alice's Restaurant guitar lesson review upload

lueders

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Nicely done Jay!! Can't say as I am surprised either...(we all know what a damn fine finger picker you are)

Yep, ya made it look easy...Happy Turkey-Day!! :laugh: :laugh: :)

suziko

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Nicely done, Jay! I loved your version of this song. Makes me want to practice it again and see if it got any easier over the year. I also liked your glasses! I don't think I've seen you wear them before.

Hope you and yours have a happy Thanksgiving, too.

Suzi

tombo1230

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:08 pm

That was great Jay, you made that look easy! That is also a great tune!

Tom N.

skaladar

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Well what a way to kick-of Thanksgiving! That was great Jay. I really enjoyed it. I had to smile at your comment because I looked at this song (again) a few weeks ago and thought, yeah, maybe if I start now I’ll have it down by NEXT Thanksgiving. :-)

A wonderful performance and, as always, a sheer pleasure watching you play.

Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!

♫ Ken ♫

jayswett

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:26 pm

dennisg wrote:
Man, that was just rock-steady perfect, Jay. I think the greatest compliment I can give you is to say that your version of this song is right up there with Vanessa's. You're in some very good company.
That is indeed a great compliment that, in truth, is difficult to accept. I watched her version, as well as Suzi's, at least half a dozen times to add some flavor to the basic version.

Regarding the model of the Seagull that I'm playing, I don't really know off the top of my head. It's a mid-level Seagull that cost about $600 or so. It sounded nice in the local guitar shop and was easy to play. I still covet all of the Taylors I see on this site and look forward to the day that I add one to my collection.

dsmarion

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Nice job Jay! This one does not look easy at all even though listening to it doesn't make you think it's very hard. Very Deceptive. I think you made your deadline very nicely. Only now, can you play it for 25 minutes (and could you play it for another 25 minutes) and not be proud -- or tired?? LOL

Scott

rapsidy

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:10 am

sweet jay B)

as smooth as ever , havent seen a vid from you for awhile, i most likely missed it :( anyhow off to check your autum leaves

enjoyed it, i might have a go at this :laugh: not

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic