>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Alice's Restaurant by Jayswett

TGCheryle

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live today we look at Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant by Jayswett.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=874

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Absolutely loved this line: 'You gotta understand and really have all the rules, the standard ways of playing them down, befóre you work on breaking the rules'....

Thanks Neil, you're such a fantástic teacher!

Ness

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:35 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Absolutely loved this line: 'You gotta understand and really have all the rules, the standard ways of playing them down, befóre you work on breaking the rules'....

Thanks Neil, you're such a fantástic teacher!

Ness
Gotta agree Ness what a great line I could use that in sooo many ways. And yes fantastic teacher so much to be learnt from others posts

michelew

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 pm

I just got to listen to this. Congrats on a great review Jay. This is one tricky song by the looks of things. Regardless of the fact that Neil has given you some home work to improve things (which we can all apply), I'm sure you've put in a lot of hours of hard work to get it sounding this fluid.

Nice work.

M.

tombo1230

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Well done Jay. I really like the way this sounds musically. After you work on Neil's comments this is going to go from very good to excellent! I can tell how much work and effort you have put in to get it to this stage, so well done and stick at it. B)

Tom N.

dsmarion

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:48 am

Hey Jay,

Some nice tips and review on this wonderful song. The only thing I would suggest is that you don't wait till next year -- work on it now while it is fresh in your mind and body. You have inspired me to work on it maybe sometime soon also. Thanks for posting and inspiring!

Scott

jayswett

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:33 am

Thanks to Neil and everyone for the comments. I will work on all of those points and if nobody posts a video of this song next year, I will post another with your suggestions addressed. As I listened to my version again, after having watched your comments, I was surprised that I was unable to detect that monotonous base on the A chord. It sticks out like a sore thumb when I listen to my version. It actually happends again later on the F chord. Anyway, have a great long weekend everyone.

suziko

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am

I really enjoyed this student review, too. I thought Jay's upload was great (very "musical" as Neil puts it), and I thought Neil's tips to improve the song could be applied to so many fingerpicking pieces. I'll be putting them to use in my own songs.

Suzi

willem

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:25 pm

happy thanksgiving Jay,,well i know now what the deal is,,,keep on pickin...

W.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic