buddy I love you in a song guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:08 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This song was requested by Twocatsam in the request a song thread. I added a subtle percussion track with the Cajon for this song to jazz it up a little. This song was a real challenge to play and sing at the same time due to the complexity of the finger-picking and the subtle pull-offs as well. I really like the guitar arrangement in this song and it really makes me appreciate how much we lost when Jim Croce was lost o us early in life.

Sam, thanks for requesting this tune and I hope you enjoy it.

dsmarion

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Hey Buddy,

Very nice work on this. I have been working on it for a few weeks off and on and I am finding it deceptively difficult to keep the picking pattern going and doing it up to speed. Also the little turn-around lick at the end of each verse leading from the D back to the A I find very hard to pull off. You did a lot better than I am doing so far, nice job getting through it. It would be fun to learn both parts and be able to put them together at some point. I haven't started working on the second part at all yet. You?

Have a great holiday and keep 'em coming into the new year!

Scott

willem

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Still A goal for me but it is long a go I visit the lesson but recognice it very well and you did a great job,,nice with the percussion thing...

Willem

AndyT

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Really nice job Bud. Your singing gets better all the time.
Nice and smooth on this one.

tombo1230

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Great Job on a beautiful song Buddy. Loved it!

Merry Christmas. :)

Tom N.

buddy

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:41 am

Scott, As you said this is a more difficult song than one would think, keep plugging away at it and it will call come together. I have not worked on the second guitar part yet but I hope to tackle it in the next week or so. It really helped me to play this along with the original recording to capture the feel of it. I slowed it down a little to give it a little more of a jazz feel.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well,

Bud

wrench

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:34 pm

You're getting better all the time Buddy. It's hard for me to even think the words while I try to play that song. How are you getting the black background in your video? Is that skillful recording or editing magic? It's a really nice effect.

wiley

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Buddy

What a nice wrap-up for Christmas for me! Thank you for taking time to do that. You sounded great.

Sam

buddy

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Willem,

Thanks for listening, as you said, this song is more difficult than it first appears and was a fun challenge.

Bud

BobR

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi Buddy,

My computer's been down a couple days so I am late here.
Sounded really nice to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic