buddy learning ANTS MARCHING guitar lesson

buddy

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Brad, I like quirky tings as well, LOL. Thanks for listening in on this one my friend.

Bud

buddy

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Jay, Thanks a ton for you constant encouragement !

BobR

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi Buddy,

Not sure how I missed this. I am a big DM fan and I think you did a good job all around.

Bob

buddy

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 am

Bob, I am a DM fan as well, he is really a brilliant musician. Appreciate you listening in on this.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am

Wow! That is something else Buddy. Very difficult song to play and sing at the same time. I was just reading Keith Richards autobiography and even he admits to not being able to play and sing same time on some of the stuff he's doing.

I think you have the singing down near perfect and from about half way through you seem to really hit your stride and it all comes together, really rockin'. Great job! My suggestion would be to work on the right hand to get a more and more lighter touch with the pick which seems a little tight in your hands at times. If I had to do this at an open mic, I wouldn't go near it until the playing part had become in-your-sleep routine as the potential to stuff up is high on this one... just add a touch of nerves and it could fall apart for me. Its one of those songs you have to over-do in practice to be sure about playing live.

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 am

Well that's not what I thought it was going to be. Nice surprise!!

Looks like a tough one all round, Buddy. I don't have any particular advice. But I did like the range you showed with the vocals.. Particularly when you went to your 'head voice' (if that's what it's called). Guess I need to sign up for Totally Vocals to know that stuff :)

buddy

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Chris, Thanks for the great input on this and your constant encouragement. I still have two more weeks to work on this so I will let you know how it goes.

Bud

buddy

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Howdy Al, Glad you liked this one. Yep, head voice and all over the place on this tune.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic