beatles blackbird by rapsidy

rapsidy

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:56 am

Sorry folks about such late reply

just want to thank everyone for taking time to help with comments, I need to slow it down, use my thumb on right hand alternating, listen to the record, oh and put pants on :P considering we are having the hottest heat wave in 47 years here im not about to do that 7 days straight of 40 degree celcius ++ days :S

I havent looked at neils lesson to be honest only the play through metronome bit, as i had a friend show me this, hence i missed the alternating thumb technique so i will go back and start again :blink:

I apologise for not answering everyone individually as it shows up six replys when you reply and i would end up having to post 3 or 4 replies, you need to stay on top of your post, but i was away.

Thanks once again for all your help

Brad

willem

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 am

rapsidy wrote:
Sorry folks about such late reply

just want to thank everyone for taking time to help with comments, I need to slow it down, use my thumb on right hand alternating, listen to the record, oh and put pants on :P considering we are having the hottest heat wave in 47 years here im not about to do that 7 days straight of 40 degree celcius ++ days :S

I havent looked at neils lesson to be honest only the play through metronome bit, as i had a friend show me this, hence i missed the alternating thumb technique so i will go back and start again :blink:

I apologise for not answering everyone individually as it shows up six replys when you reply and i would end up having to post 3 or 4 replies, you need to stay on top of your post, but i was away.

Thanks once again for all your help

Brad
Hey Rap,,I also learned this tune from a friend but could never keep up with him 'cos he flow over it,,to fast but the singer wanted it that way,,so I was a bit familair with it,,then I toke Neils lesson with the alternating thumb and then it clicked but I had a hard time to relearn it,,nothing is wrong with playing it with the index and so on but it is nice knowing it also with the thumb,,just keep playing it or use it as a warmup and after a year or less you can dream it..

W.

Lavallee

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 am

Good work Brad, , it is a fun song and you are well on your way to nail it. As Dennis was saying about the alternating bass line, when you will look at Neil's lesson you might want to focus on the thumb alternating the bass string and the G string as well instead of keeping the thumb for the low bass only, it does help balancing the tone of the bass line.

Looking forward to the update

Cheers

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic