beatles blackbird by rapsidy

MarkM

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Brad,

You've come so far in such a short amount of time. Great job so far on this one. As others have said, you seem to have all the chord fingerings down. My suggestion would be to play along with the original time and time again to get the tempo down to where it is second nature. This helps me a great deal when I'm learning a song and I'm sure it will help you as well. You're real clost on this.

MarkM

dennisg

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 pm

You're well on your way to getting this song under control, Brad. I'm not sure if it's the recording or your playing, but I couldn't hear a single bass note through the entire song. The beauty of this song is that the bass and treble notes are usually played in harmonic pairs, so it's critical that the bass notes be as prominent as the treble notes.

Craig

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Nice work Brad. With a little practice time you will have it nailed. Good job.
Craig

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks

BobR

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi Brad,

I am just getting around to viewing your video. Nicely done. I see you've gotten some real good advice so I'll leave it at that. I am still trying to get it right. Just a really cool tune and as I think you said must be rite of passage here.

Thanks for posting and Keep up the good work.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 am

No, no Brad, that's all wrong!
Playing outside with shorts on when us anti-podals are freezing our G-strings off is just wrong! ;-)

As to the rite of passage, that is shaping up really well and as you are able to beady-eye the dogs at the same time, you obviously have the moves anchored in muscle memory already. As has been noted by Kev, you have come a long way already and this song just needs some tidying up. Marks comment on playing with the record is a good one as is Suzi's about maybe slowing it right down for a while to get the feel of the timing right. Well done... good to be hearing from you again!

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
No, no Brad, that's all wrong!
Playing outside with shorts on when us anti-podals are freezing our G-strings off is just wrong! ;-)

As to the rite of passage, that is shaping up really well and as you are able to beady-eye the dogs at the same time, you obviously have the moves anchored in muscle memory already. As has been noted by Kev, you have come a long way already and this song just needs some tidying up. Marks comment on playing with the record is a good one as is Suzi's about maybe slowing it right down for a while to get the feel of the timing right. Well done... good to be hearing from you again!
What the 'Old Sage said', not the shorts bit though not nearly as sore on the eyes as Chris'

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Hey Brad,

You're right that this is a right-of-passage for us TG-ers!

Lots of good advice before me- great job!

coomba

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 pm

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!

Mate you did great, I laughed my head off when the dogs tail walked across the screen at 0.54, I was hoping Dickyknee would show his head after that :laugh:

Considering the distractions around you, you can be forgiven for missing a note here and there.

Like the others have said your progress since you joined is great to see , I only wish I could say the same about myself.

Cheers well done
Scott

michelew

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:05 am

Nice progress Brad. A rite of passage indeed.

I agree with Suzi that it would be useful to slow it down a little. You also seem to be rushing some of your melody notes, or the timing of your picking is slightly out. Playing against a slowed down version of the original would help to perfect it.

Good job.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic