Bill Withers "Ain't No Sunshine" Chord Solo by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Craig- Yes- very tough to get clean. Uploaded it as is to get feedback.

Kevin- You're right about the pitch. I don't think I hit all of the bends correctly. Lots to think about :unsure:

Mark- No layering so far. Might not be far off though..

Stuart- The guitar has no pickup. It's an AudioTechnica condenser mic.
And yes, it's on my 'Down Pat List'.. B)

lueders

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Sounds REALLY GOOD! Nifty little passages in there that look a mite tricky! Looks like you're handlin' em like a champ. But where is
Mohawk? lol.Wouldn't think it be long before that one makes the list. :) :)

As to your list, it finally dawned on me your intention with that post. Sorry I missed the boat, sir. I get it now.
I'm a little slow I reckon... :unsure:

Just outta curiosity what is the current count? Are you updating still in that thread?

BobR

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Al,

Sounding really good. My wife just said, " Hey, I know that song" so you're doing it well.

Keep at it.

Bob

buddy

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Wow AL, You really have this way down the road. I really like how you are staying relaxed through this session as it really added to the feel of your performance. I really love this song so it is great to see you working it out.

Bud

dsmarion

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 pm

My guess is you'll have so much more fun the next 1000 plays. By then you'll be adding a lot of your own touches to it because you'll have it down so well. Sounding great so far. Looks like a fun song to just sit and noodle with.

Scott

jayswett

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Nice, Al. As usual, well played. We should all be posting more videos than we do.

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Cori- Mohawk is on hiatus until further notice. He's definitely got an attitude and seems to have 2 moods so far.. "I can't stand you!" and "I'll tolerate you long enough to get a treat from you." I exaggerate A BIT. He does like hanging out when I play guitar though. Actually perches on the headstock and the neck sometimes, as you see in my new avatar.
To answer your other question- yes, I'm still updating my 'down pat list', and this is on it. The thread doesn't bump to the top, as I just favourited it and edit my fist post.
But glad you get it now. I don't think I did a very good job of explaining what I was doing originally.

Bob- song recognition from listeners was once a lofty goal of mine. I have arrived :laugh:

Bud- I'm glad you noticed that. I was pretty relaxed while playing the song, and I think it helps as well.

Scott- thanks. The first 1,000 wasn't a cakewalk, so I look forward to smoother sailing from now on.

Jay- thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

tvarga

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey Al, that sounded great! :)
That's another one I have to put on the list to learn some day.
-Tom

thereshopeyet

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 am

Thanks

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 am

Did you have your guitar playing back to you through the phones Al, or was there just the original track going through your headgear?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic