Mason Williams Classical Gas by Craig

MarkM

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 am

Oh my gosh, Craig! You've put a lot of work in it and it really shows, how great!!

The only thing that I'd like to point out is in section B (the alterate version), basically you switch from Am to D and back, but you kept playing the A-string. So when going to D, try to play the 4th string wich is open. I'm sure that won't be any problem for you, since you've already come this far, well done Craig! :cheer:

Ness

Craig

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 am

Michelle, Thanks for watching! I appreciate your comments. I guess I'm trying to be a "picker, and a grinner, a lover, and a sinner..." :laugh:

Vanessa, Thanks for your encouragement. Also, thank you for helping with the "B" section. I'm working on doing the full barre for that section but at this point I hit too many "clunkers" so I just did it the other way. I appreciate the help.

Lavallee

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:36 am

Great job Craig. Isn't it fantastic to look at a song, thinking it is over our head . learn it, to realize: " gee, I am pretty good, I can do that". Once you learn one of those, tough songs even if they are difficult, do not seem so unreachable after all. You did a very nice work with Classical gas, just a bit more practice until you can do it with your eyes closed.

Very nice

Marc

haoli25

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 am

I am late to the party on this one. Bravo, Craig. This song so beautiful and so challenging on so many levels, you should be very proud, my friend. Your video was a pleasure to watch.

Bill Image

MarkM

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 am

Craig,

My apologies for being late on this one. I've got much to catch up on this site. Although its already been said I have to congratulate you on tihs song. I can't tell you how impressed I am. Classical Gas Craig!!!! Classical freaking Gas. Wow. Fantastic job in learning this. I agree you are 95% there. What you played sounded clear and articulate wtihout any hesitation. You should be very proud of yourself. I found this very inspirational and may actually consider looking at this lesson. I've got to say that your improvement over the past year or so has been tremendous. Thanks for sharing!!

MarkM

Craig

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 am

Marc, Thanks! Yes, this does make me rethink what I can attempt. It also made me more realsitic about time frames of learning songs and patience! Thanks again.

Bill, I've received a lot of really nice, encouraging feedback on this one. However, it never seems complete until you get the "clapping hands"! :) Thank you my friend. I appreciate it.

MarkM, I improvement comment really makes me feel good! When you hear yourself everyday, you don't see the improvement so easily...(I just see the frustration! :laugh: ) Thank you for your kind and positive words.

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Apologies Craig for coming late to your party/ I have no feedback other than to reiterate those before... absolutely freaking marvelous. A few points have been made which should assist you polish off that 5%.

I just love this site seeing how far some of you guys have come in a relative short time, goes for you mate great improvement (had to actually dig through the archives lol)

Good on ya mate

Chas

Craig

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:15 am

Chas, No need to apologize for being late to the party. I'm assuming you were busy having your birthday suit dry cleaned! :laugh: If you would have told me when I joined the Target program that within two years I would be posting Classical Gas, I would have said, you're crazy! I know I still have a lot of work to do on this song to get even close to playing it well. However, it's a tribute to Neil, the site, and all of the supportive TG friends I have that I can even attempt it! Thank you for your kind words, it's greatly appreciated.

Craig

thereshopeyet

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:35 am

Thanks

Craig

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

Dermot, Thank you for taking the time to watch. I appreciate your support. My list of "songs I want to learn" only grows, I never seem to be able to make a dent in the list. I guess that's a good thing! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic