buddy FIRE AND RAIN guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I had put up this tune last year and Neil and the TG gang gave me some great suggestions on how to improve it. Here is a revised rendition. This is one of my favorite JT songs.

Bud

dekotaj

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Bravo!!Buddy.

One of James best.Good job.

Kevin

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

I really enjoyed that Buddy. Now I need to search the archives to compare with your earlier version. You certainly have a good voice for JT songs.

willem

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm

An friend of mine is a great JT fan and he likes his bass notes,,

YOU can do now my favorite JT song ''you can close your eyes'' ,,When it ever turns in a lesson here I set it on top of my list to learn it..

''sweet baby james'' is a nice one to Buddy... and the crowd will sing the chorus with you..

W..

EDIT: After listening to JT again I find you did great..

MarkM

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Bud,

This was great. You've really improved on this song. It's night and day from when you were first starting out on this song. I though you picking and strumming were very smooth. Very pleasant to listen to. All your hard work is really paying off on this one as you looked so comfortable performing this. Good for you!!! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Nice Buddy! I'll leave the guitar critique for the master. On the vocals, this is right inside your wheelhouse (can some explain the origins of this saying please!) and maybe you could back off it ever so slightly. JT has this matter-of-fact way of singing this one, not too strong, and it works well. Does that connect with you Buddy? Not sure how to express it, its a subtle thing.
Chris

schm040

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Buddy,

I recently listened to your "Fast Car" and now this JT one.

Both were very pleasing and musical.

Thank you for taking the time to learn these songs and give me inspiration by posting them.

Matt

schm040

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Buddy,

I recently listened to your "Fast Car" and now this JT one.

Both were very pleasing and musical.

Thank you for taking the time to learn these songs and give me inspiration by posting them.

Matt

dsmarion

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Nice job Buddy, you have really made this song your own. It's certainly not an easy one. Every time I view one of your uploads it seems the recording setup is different. You must have a lot of room (or even rooms plural) in which to record.

Scott

BobR

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Buddy,

Awesome job playing and singing. One of my favorites as well.

Thanks for sharing your "improved" version :laugh:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic