schm040 learning to play Tears In Heaven acoustic guitar

schm040

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

buddy

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Most excellent job on a very challenging version of this tune !

Bud

lueders

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm

OMG!! :) :) :) WOW! Pleasure to watch this!! Very, Very Good! How nimbly you moved about the fretboard! You're covering a lot of real-estate in this arrangement with some wide stretches & rather unorthodox hand positions & you handled t like a pro...

Very, very excellent post, Matt! Nothing but praise from me...

Cori

dsmarion

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Interesting arrangement and nice job playing! Bet you had fun working on this one!

Scott

BobR

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm

That was a fabulous performance. I didn't think fingers could stretch and move like that :laugh: Seriously though, I think that was great.

Bob

Lavallee

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:52 am

Matt, Wow what a challenging version of the song. You look very fluid and relaxed.
Excellent video

Marc

schm040

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:20 am

Guys, thanks for the comments, really.

The arrangement is in OPEN G and is from a Hal Leonard's Fingerstyle Guitar [/i] book.

It funny because I recorded this song about six times in the past few weeks wanting to post it and every time I reviewed my recording I was horrified by how bad it was...... then I thought, hey why don't I take Neil's advice and USE A METRONOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can hear it of course in the recording, it is set at 80 bbm, the sheet music recommends 90.

It was my first time using a metronome and I am hooked.

I found myself being corrected by it, controlled almost by it. I really noticed how off tempo I was when I took the melody up an octave, that's when I rushed a bit, then brought it back as it dropped back down. Very cool lesson I learned this time around.

As for improvements, because this arrangement is incorporating the melody line I need to learn how to keep it looser and have more feeling. I felt like I was too mechanical in some places, but alas, this is the point of practicing right?

Thanks again.

Matt

willem

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:34 am

schm040 wrote:

Guys, thanks for the comments, really.

The arrangement is in OPEN G and is from a Hal Leonard's Fingerstyle Guitar [/i] book.

It funny because I recorded this song about six times in the past few weeks wanting to post it and every time I reviewed my recording I was horrified by how bad it was...... then I thought, hey why don't I take Neil's advice and USE A METRONOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can hear it of course in the recording, it is set at 80 bbm, the sheet music recommends 90.

It was my first time using a metronome and I am hooked.

I found myself being corrected by it, controlled almost by it. I really noticed how off tempo I was when I took the melody up an octave, that's when I rushed a bit, then brought it back as it dropped back down. Very cool lesson I learned this time around.

As for improvements, because this arrangement is incorporating the melody line I need to learn how to keep it looser and have more feeling. I felt like I was too mechanical in some places, but alas, this is the point of practicing right?

Thanks again.

Matt
Hi Matt,,really,really nice,,I enjoyed this very much,,can you point me exactly to the titlle from that Hal Leonards book so I can check what is more in it???

really fine (great) job..and you were so relaxed..Metronome he..

Willem

tombo1230

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:45 am

Great version of a brilliant tune. Well done! B)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic