schm040 learning to play Tears In Heaven acoustic guitar

schm040

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 am

Willem,

The Hal Leonard book is simply called Fingerstyle Guitar by Chad Johnson. See image.

It comes with a CD and has about 10 full arrangements of songs and dozens of snippets.

There are 4 level 7 and above full arrangements at the end, including Leo Kottke's Jack FIg in open G too.

I love this book, check it out.

Matt

willem

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 am

schm040 wrote:

Willem,

The Hal Leonard book is simply called Fingerstyle Guitar by Chad Johnson. See image.

It comes with a CD and has about 10 full arrangements of songs and dozens of snippets.

There are 4 level 7 and above full arrangements at the end, including Leo Kottke's Jack FIg in open G too.

I love this book, check it out.

Matt
I did'nt see the image in your post,,so I try Image

schm040

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:55 am

Willem,

Here is a link to the book.

Cheers

Craig

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Matt,
Great job, really impressive! Man, you are all over the neck and do a great job of it. Thank you for reminding me of the necessity of the metronome. It's one of those things that I know I should do, but always find excuses to not use it!
Keep up the good work!

Craig

jayswett

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Nice!

rapsidy

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Great job B)

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 am

Very well done, Matt.

I love chord solo arrangements!

skaladar

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:01 am

Hi Matt,

I really got a kick out of this. I am very impressed with the arrangement and the way you incorporated the melody line. You certainly did make your way all around the fretboard with great finger control. It’s a great version indeed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

♫ Ken ♫

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 am

Matt, I can see you've worked hard on this, and you got the 'where to go' (transitions and so on) down pretty well.

It's also good to see that your left hand-position is improving all the time.

The only thing is the timing....it was kinda all over the place....you got the metronome running, wich is good of course, but I have the feeling that you weren't paying attention to it at all.....correct me if I'm wrong about that.

And to me, timing is everything, a wrong note happens to everybody here and there, but imho the timing has gót to be right, always.....so my advice would be to work on that and to really listen to the metronome.

cheers

Ness

schm040

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:24 am

Ness et al,

One of the things I love about this site is that we all want to be better guitar players. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to play music, and I have improved so much in the past 2 years thanks to Neil and all of you.

Ness, I want to personally thank you for your critique of my timing... or vacancy thereof....I know you are right but hearing it from someone who is as accomplished as you means a lot to me.

As for the metronome, it really was my first time using it, so I am optimistic that if I keep it up, timing will improve, just as other elements have with practice.

Side note, my strings are about 6 months old and whenever I get to that point I tend to try open tunings like slack key and C wahine (Neils lessons are great fun). I have also (hold my breath) been working on Nick Drake tunings which are very close to C wahine and so much fun. If I get the courage, I will post one of those with newly improved results on my timing.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback, good AND constructive.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic