Neil Hogan on the horizon A+B by willem

abiliog

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 am

Willem,
What a challenge you're into. This tune has the characteristic of being as difficult as beautiful and wants the best of you :).
It's well worth the time you spend learning it.
You are on your way. Keep the good work,
Abilio

dennisg

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

Willem,

That looks like an extremely challenging piece to play, and you should be proud of yourself that you're well on your way toward learning this beautiful song. Most of what I see in terms of dead notes will be fixed with more repetitions of the song. Good work!

dekotaj

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 am

Kevin, maybe it is an idea to go back on romanza as well..thx

I wish you the very best on both songs.Two 9 songs at once,your a better man than I Sir.

Kev

willem

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 am

schm040 wrote:

Willem,

I watched your upload some thoughts since I know this song pretty well now.

This tune does not lend itself to interpretation at all. I believe that all of the notes are very intentional and deliberate. That said, go back to the Tab and be sure you are playing the notes as written and most importantly, listen to Neil play it over and over.

I tend to forget myself to listen to the original thinking I can figure it out myself but I am always proven wrong.

Lastly, work on one section at a time and get it right first. Maybe this helps.

Keep going, I love this tune.

Matt
oH I sure know what you mean Matt,,But firtst I want to be a bit comfort with the pickin,, getting the notes out just like Neil yes thats my goal too and hope i will do,, I'm aware that i must visit the tab again and see which notes suatain a bit more and with which intension to play them,,my upload had the intension to get support so thank you,,you are absolute right..

Willem

willem

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 am

Abilog and Dennis, thx for the comment and encourage I think we need challenging in life and guitar,,

W.

willem

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:04 am

dekotaj wrote:
Kevin, maybe it is an idea to go back on romanza as well..thx

I wish you the very best on both songs.Two 9 songs at once,your a better man than I Sir.

Kev
Kev,,thx again,,man i broke a nail so it is strumming again for a week

W.

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Good on you Willem for tackling a real toughy! Advice much of what Tom said I guess and Dennis' advice to practice. All in all coming along nicely,

Bravo!

willem

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Good on you Willem for tackling a real toughy! Advice much of what Tom said I guess and Dennis' advice to practice. All in all coming along nicely,

Bravo!

Cheers Chas,,THX,,the sound does'nt kill me !.. wi'll see oer a month or so..

W.

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Willem,

Well done getting the song this far.
I don't think I've heard your fingerpicking/fretting as clean as in this upload.

Keep at it and I look forward to a future update

lueders

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Willem!

Gonna leave it to Neil to advice, but I'll give you another big tap on the back! :P ;)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic