buddy HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:09 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

A rendition of House of the Rising sun. This rendition is a cross between the Animals Version and Bob Dylan's version. I took some liberties and added a twist on the end to personalize it to my life.

I had a friend reccomend that I try recording this tune "unplugged" using my condenser mic. so I thought I would experiment and do a quick take using my MXL condenser mic. The unplugged version link is below. Let me know which one you prefer. The advantage to me of plugging in is that it is so much easier to EQ the guitar and the vocals but some peeps prefer the unplugged sound.

Let me know which one you prefer,

Bud

Craig

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 am

Nice job Buddy. I like the way you made it your own. Question: If you had to play an open-mic and wanted to kick butt, what would be your top three song choices? Just curious.

Craig

dsmarion

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:24 am

Hey Buddy,

Great job with the arpeggio and singing, probably a lot tougher to do than you make it look. I have never tried but arpeggio picking is certainly not my strong suit for picking. I have to rely on the flat pick for this one. Nice segue at the end, very original and it fits so nicely! Adding to Craig's question - how many songs do you have in your current play list to choose from? I am guessing a hundred or more. Choosing the best three for a kick-butt set would be tough.

Scott

willem

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:34 am

Yes that house,,I like it Buddy...The Animals have a very strong version and throwed in some sixteen notes in the pickin but they did it with the pick I believe..

This started me thinkin of what would be the oldest performing of this song,,,by who...I think it was an bleusman but forgot..

Willem

tombo1230

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 am

Well done Buddy, I learned this song years ago, but strangely never really enjoyed playing it, or hearing it........ until now. You definately made it your own.

An excellent rendition.

Tom N.

abiliog

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 am

Very good rendition Buddy,
Your voice fits perfectly on this song. Brilliant,
Abilio

buddy

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Craig wrote:
Nice job Buddy. I like the way you made it your own. Question: If you had to play an open-mic and wanted to kick butt, what would be your top three song choices? Just curious.

Craig
Craig, That is a tough question about the three top songs. The ones the crowd seem to respond to the best are;

Barton Hollow
Ants Marching
In your atmosphere
Rolling in the Deep
Cats In the Cradle

I tried to get it down to three but so much of it depends on the crowd and the venue.

If it was an older crowd I would go with

Ain't No sunshine
Cats in the Cradle
Fire and Rain
Wish you Were Here
Fields of Gold.

Bud

MarkM

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Another Great Job Buddy!!! You had it all going on in that song. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

buddy

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 pm

dsmarion wrote:
Hey Buddy,

Great job with the arpeggio and singing, probably a lot tougher to do than you make it look. I have never tried but arpeggio picking is certainly not my strong suit for picking. I have to rely on the flat pick for this one. Nice segue at the end, very original and it fits so nicely! Adding to Craig's question - how many songs do you have in your current play list to choose from? I am guessing a hundred or more. Choosing the best three for a kick-butt set would be tough.

Scott
Scott, Really glad you enjoyed this rendition. The current playlist has 108 songs on it. About 50 I can play by heart and the others I need to look at the sheet music.

Good to hear from you,

Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:40 am

willem wrote:
Yes that house,,I like it Buddy...The Animals have a very strong version and throwed in some sixteen notes in the pickin but they did it with the pick I believe..

This started me thinkin of what would be the oldest performing of this song,,,by who...I think it was an bleusman but forgot..

Willem
Howdy Willem, I am not sure of the history of this song. Their are a number of versions of it out their being performed. Glad you enjoyed this one.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic