Badfinger Day After Day by sws626

cosmicmechanic

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Matt, it's great that you found the opportunity to come up for air in TG land.

I've been listening to the album "The Very Best of Badfinger" since Neil started doing the deed here with this band,
and have started learning another tune of theirs that is very sweet also (to be revealed in the future?).

It's funny how a few songs (for me, three) can just cut across time and still be as vibrant as they were originally, and the other tunes may seem to have aged rather badly.
But after listening to these others maybe a half dozen times, I remembered the prevalent mood and the technology available during that era.
Then it becomes possible to appreciate them again, as a wizened time traveler.

This is a swell video, you've got the foundation for something quite solid here. It already sounds intricate and pretty.
I hope you'll eventually upload it with vocals.
Ain't a pinky a useful thing ? Hopefully, evolution won't make us lose it too soon !

Thanks for this,
Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 am

I hope you'll eventually upload it with vocals.
... its funny you should say that Pierre... what this space.... :-)

sws626

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks for listening and for your comments, Dennis, Willem, Chris, Mark, Bob, Al, Craig, Kevin, Brad, & Pierre. I really would encourage you all to have a look at the lesson. It's full of interesting stuff and I feel like I've only really begun to scratch the surface of what one could do with this song.

This is a song I'm sure I heard growing up without knowing who did it. For some reasons, it got a lot of radio play in New England in the mid-eighties, which is when I first remember really listening to it and feeling like it was one of those "songs out of time" -- very familiar, but almost impossible to place.

Craig, since you are working on the song, I'll tell you something I'm doing for now. I don't even try to catch the bass notes in the tags with my thumb. Maybe someday I will learn to make that thumb wrap come naturally, but for now I'm going to assume there's a bassist somewhere who can cover for me.

Pierre, I look forward to hearing your Badfinger tune when you're ready. Aside from this one, I'm not really that familiar with their music.

-Stuart

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Stuart,

I just watched this lesson and tried some of the chords/stretches.
I'm even more impressed with your upload now!!

jayswett

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Nice, Stuart. I'm with Dennis. Need to take a look at this lesson.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic