schm040 learning Pink Moon guitar lesson

schm040

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

I saw it written...on a forum post...pink moon is on TG!
Yes!! B) B) Dude! I was so excited I saw this. And all seriousness you didn't disappoint!
You kicked some serious can on this!!

I am quite familiar with this tune...I fell in love with it the first time I heard it! You have it down pat!
Every little subtle tactile intonation of it! So crisp and well played!

I have a tab for one of songs...Off this same album..."from the morning?" (I think)
Seems like it was some weird modal tuning I think? What tuning is this in? Man, I would love to learn it!
(and what a great little arty-farty tune for open mic where the college kids all hang!)
Anyways, man I will take any pointers I can get from you!

Thanks so much for putting this up!!!!!!!! Way cool!!!!!!

buddy

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:42 am

Looks like a challenging song to play with some of the transitions. Very nice job on this and very well played. I like the video effect as well.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:41 am

Hi Matt, that looked like quite a work out and your hands seemed to be moving very smoothly throughout so I guess you've quite a bit of work on this song. Great to see you posting!

rapsidy

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 am

sweet playing B) B) B) B) B)

schm040

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 am

Fellow TGers, thanks for the comments. For Nick Drake fans like me, I almost feel like I committed a crime posting one of his songs. But I did it anyway because I want to become a better guitar player and doing this kind of thing helps me a lot.

As for the post, I just turned on the camera and started playing, knowing at the end that I did not play the arrangement in the right order in some places, and the song is actually much shorter than this post.

What I was hoping for was two things:

1. Was my playing of the song at least reminiscent of Pink Moon :)
2. Did my strumming look steady throughout?

Leuders,

I will follow up with your email soon for tab locations etc. Glad you liked it.

Capo 2
Low to High CGCFCE

Matt

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks

dekotaj

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

schm040 wrote:
[quote]
Fellow TGers, thanks for the comments. For Nick Drake fans like me, I almost feel like I committed a crime posting one of his songs. But I did it anyway because I want to become a better guitar player and doing this kind of thing helps me a lot.

Thank you another new band.Love this site.BRAVO Matt.

Kevin

BobR

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Matt,

I am not familiar with this but it sounds really good. There sure is quite a fretboard workout and you seemed really good at it.

Nicely done

Bob

willem

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Matt,if you can make your fingers listen like that then the Doobie music looks in the bag too.. B)

W.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic