Leonard Cohen Hallelujah by MarkM

Craig

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:26 am

Mark,
Great job on the fingerpicking and congrats on the guitar. I never get tired of hearing fellow TGers post Hallelujah. However, it may be neck and neck with Blackbird for TG players indoctrination! :laugh: :laugh: I also thought your singing was solid. Nice work all the way around.

Craig

dekotaj

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

First off it's been way to long between Vids for you.But after that one well worth the wait.

That song was dripping passion all over the place.Great looking guitar,LOVE it man Love it.You find away to get the best tone out of your guitars.Bass notes ringing out.Little hammer on and pull off flawless.Heart felt vocals.

BRAVO Mark!,BRAVO my friend!!!

Great picture of your Taylor.But lets not tell that crazy old SCOTSMAN,you polished your guitar.LOL!!!We will keep that between you and me.Just beautiful in every way!!!!

Kev

RicksPick

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Great Singing Mark

That was a great cover

RicksPick

jimcjimc

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Mark,
I really enjoyed that! Very smooth playing. That's a great song. We can't have too many versions of it.

And you don't need to apologize for your singing.

After all, Leonard Cohen, who is not the best singer in the world has a great (ironic?) quote in one of his songs, "Tower of Song":

"I was born like this. I had no choice.
I was born with the gift of a golden voice."

Jim

Chasplaya

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Very nicely played Mark, I had to go back to Neils lesson for a comparison, and you know what? I got nothing to say except I really enjoyed that, fingerpicking good! And for a Taylor it didn't sound too bad lol! Great pics by the way.

reiver

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Very nice bit of finger picking there, Mark. And what better way to make yourself practice that particular aspect of guitar playing than to get yourself such a beautiful looking and sounding guitar which lends itself so precisely to that style of play. I'm sure it'll bring you many years of pleasure.

Good to see you playing and singing again - nicely done.

Stuart

suziko

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 pm

That was really nice, Mark! And like everyone has said, what a beautiful guitar! Big congrats!

Suzi

MarkM

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Matt - Thank you very much!!

Craig - Thank you. Well now I have this and Blackbird under my belt. :)

Kevin - Ha :laugh: . Hey thanks for the nice words. Yea I wish I had more time these days to practice and put up more videos.

Rick - Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it.

Jim - Thank you as well. Yea I've got no problem with my singing when compared to Leonard. Man but do you hear some of these folks sing this song. KD Lang brings tears to my eyes when she sings this.

Chas - Thank you!! I'm glad you like it. One of these days I'll have to find a play a Cole Clarke.

Stuart - Thank you very much. I'm glad I had time to give this song. Hopefully I'll be around TG more in the coming months.

Suzi - Thanks!!!! Very much appreciated as always.

MarkM

thereshopeyet

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks

tombo1230

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Nice fingerpicking on what is a really beautiful guitar. Great job all round. The great thing about buying a quality guitar is that you just play it more! A win win situation. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic