>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Here Comes the Sun by dsmarion

TGCheryle

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live. Today we look at Beatles - Here Comes the Sun (Instrumental) by dsmarion.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... d=859#song

sbutler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Is anyone else beside me, having trouble viewing the NEW target member, student reviews. I haven't been able to watch one since Neil started doing it again. I'm going to feel really bad if I'm the only one that cant get the full benifit of my memebership.

Scott

dtaylor

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah it's just you Scott...

Actually I had problems at first but I guess the mice have been beavering away, so to speak...

Good review and a really great version Scott. It's great to listen to the many reviews Neil has done on this, I always pick up good advice. The thing about your fingering on the E was worth noting for me.

Again, nicely played.
Dean

sbutler

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:33 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Yeah it's just you Scott...

Actually I had problems at first but I guess the mice have been beavering away, so to speak...

Good review and a really great version Scott. It's great to listen to the many reviews Neil has done on this, I always pick up good advice. The thing about your fingering on the E was worth noting for me.

Again, nicely played.
ean
yeah Dean, thats why I'm so frustrated with NOT being able to see them. Neils tips are a great addition to all his lessons. Im just no longer worthy.

schm040

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Scott (dsmarion),

Just listened to your post and Neil's reply. I thought it was really good too and hope you post some more fingerstyle songs.

Matt

dsmarion

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Neil,

Thanks so much for sharing your insights on this with me (and with all of us). I guess some of the parts that don't come out as 'intended' are what Bob Ross calls 'happy accidents' and just become part of the piece. I have worked on this one a bit more since posting this a while back - it sure is a fun one to play. Not sure how much I intentionally change the melody - most of those are unintentional. But like you say, as long as you just keep going it sounds to others like you meant to do it. I really have had fun learning these types of finger-picking songs here at TG.

Thanks also to those who commented. And Scott, hope you get your issue fixed soon.

thereshopeyet

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic