Eva Cassidy Kathy's Song by suziko

reiver

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:18 am

Suzi
This is another very accomplished piece of playing and singing from you - you really do seem to have found your voice and I'm happy to see you continue to grow in confidence with your singing. You should be very proud of what a good guitarist/singer you've become in such a relatively short time. This was a real pleasure to listen to.

Stuart

BobR

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:19 am

Suzi,

That was so good all around. You seemed so relaxed and comfortable and as others have said just Very enjoyable to listen to.

Bob

RicksPick

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Suzi or should I say lady in red

Sweet rendition, you have it all
Eye contact, sweet picking and the singing too
Enjoyed listening and didnt notice any flubs?
I know the pain of a good take
been trying to get one of Mol Waltz for over a week

RicksPick

willem

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Absolute wonderful,it is so great to see people getting better.

thanks

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Sue...I honestly fréaking %$#%@$#%@# LOVED it!!!! My oh my woman, it's really true, you're getting better and better with every video you do!!!!

As you know, I absolutely lóve this song as well (by Nancy Wilson though), it actually álways reminds me of my first visit to the States (LA), since I was listening to it when being there over and over, so it puts me right there whenever I hear it. After going there for several years back then, I actually miss it.... :(

I so lóve your singing in this one, it is exactly right and just perfect, the intensity, the mood, the feel, the pitch....I don't even know how to explain in english.....just right on girl! :cheer:

It was also really great to see how you handled the fast travispicking, it looks really natural and flows automatically when you're playing it, and that's what any guitarist would really like to be able to.

And oh yeah, also loved the orange (red?? :dry: ) dress! You'd fit right in whenever you'd attend a socker-game of our national socker-team! :P :laugh: Just kidding sweetie, am actually just saying you looked really pretty as well!! ;)

LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT! :woohoo:

Ness

Edit: It was actually also nice to see the Martin again, I think I bonded with it that week in december! ;) :P

suziko

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Stu- Thanks for your kind words! You are always so supportive and encouraging, and I really appreciate it! Do you think I played the song to tempo or is that still something I need to work on? ;)

Bob- I’m so glad you liked it! I never feel relaxed when I’m filming myself, but I’m glad I SEEM relaxed! And, in truth, it has gotten easier since when I first started doing this at TG!

Rick- The color of my dress is actually pomegranate. :laugh: Though I’m guessing that “The lady in pomegranate” wouldn’t scan so well in song lyrics. :unsure: I’m really glad you liked the song. It was a joy to play and to learn.

Willem- Thank you! I agree with you! It’s one of my favorite things about TG- watching my fellow guitarists improve as players and performers. It’s very inspirational to me.

Ness- Oh, if I’d known that this song was dear to your heart I might have been more careful with posting it! And Nancy’s version, too, huh? Wow, there’s no competing with that! Not that I’m in any way trying to compete with Eva! Thanks so much for all your sweet words. I’m thrilled that you liked how I sang the song. That really means a lot to me. Yeah, the Martin is just such a great guitar for fingerpicking!! I love the tone of it and the wider neck really makes a difference. Not to put down my Taylor. It still gets PLENTY of love. As for my dress, as I told Rick above it’s neither red nor orange but pomegranate. Hope that clears it up. :) And thanks for the compliment- you made me blush!

abiliog

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Suzi,
Learning a song in a couple of hours and be able to play and sing it with such passion and confidence, that's something you should be proud.
It was such a great performance of a beautiful song.
I really love it,
Congratulations,
Abílio

BigBear

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Suzi- that's a great song for you! Great Travis picking and singing too. Your guitar skills have really improved from where you started. Congrats on all your hard work.

It is always such a joy to see your videos. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Really well done! I love that song.

Cheers!! :cheer:

buddy

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Yeah, I was hoping one of the TG ladies would give this song a ago. I really love the way you performed and played this song. It is a somewhat delicate song and you really played and sang it true to that style.

Bravo !

Bud

michelew

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Sue,

I LOVE EVERYTHING about this video. For the life of me I didn't see a stuff up, perhaps I was too hypnotized by then.

You played and sang this SO beautifully and your interactions with the camera were so sad, that it just went straight to my heart. You sounded like you were playing from your beautiful soul.

I'm feeling a little speechless and finding it hard to do justice to this video. ...

Just know that I'm blown away by it and you've definitely inspired be to give it a go as you so often do.

It's funny that you should mention that line in the song. I was listening to it the other day and it really caught my attention, I'm not sure I'd heard it so clearly before. So touching.

Really beautiful sweet woman, really, really beautiful.

Love

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic